Re: CD key in use. Forgot correct origin ID?

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CD key in use. Forgot correct origin ID?

★★★ Newbie

I have, in front of me, a legally obtained CD of mass effect three, got it for christmas last year. 2011. Okay?

I have the CD key as well. Right here, in front of me, on the manual. want a picture?

Case in point, it's 100% MINE.

Now, i played through it a while back. Then shelved it.

I came back to it tongiht to play again.

Find that its all uninstalled. So i pop in the CD, run, and bam, LOG IN TO ORIGIN. I fumble through that and finally get logged into an account, Speerit89.

NO GAMES ON THIS ACCOUNT.

Register mass effect 3

OBVIOUSLY it says CD key in use, i registered it before.

So i must have some OTHER origin account active out there. Cant even BEGIN thinking of how to find it. Tried ALL my email addresses, password recovery, etc. no dice.

Live chat said 5-10 minutes, for about 50 minutes.

Is there a way i can give you this CD key, a picture even, as proof of purchase, and have you either tell me the name of the origin account its registered under so i can log into it, OR send me another key?

What do i do?

Message 1 of 2 (5,465 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Since you're not sure if you registered the game under this (your "current) EA account or not, it's worth trying this:

Open Origin and click on "Origin" in the top-line menu, then choose "Redeem Product Code", and enter your CD-Key.
If you're using the same account, that should add ME3 to "My Games", and you can download and install it from there.

If that doesn't work, the only folk who can sort this for you are the EA Customer Service team at: http://support.ea.com.

You already know how to get to the Live Chat, so you'll just have to be patient. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (6,171 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Since you're not sure if you registered the game under this (your "current) EA account or not, it's worth trying this:

Open Origin and click on "Origin" in the top-line menu, then choose "Redeem Product Code", and enter your CD-Key.
If you're using the same account, that should add ME3 to "My Games", and you can download and install it from there.

If that doesn't work, the only folk who can sort this for you are the EA Customer Service team at: http://support.ea.com.

You already know how to get to the Live Chat, so you'll just have to be patient. 

Message 2 of 2 (6,172 Views)