Billed for 1 dollar?

by Zerfidius

Original Post

Billed for 1 dollar?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I just tried to buy bioware points to purchase the Citadel DLC.  My transaction did not go through, but I was charged a dollar anyway.

What happened and how do I get my dollar back?

I tried to make this purchase via the Origin software.

Message 1 of 13 (14,402 Views)

Re: Billed for 1 dollar?

★★★ Newbie

In many online services (and gas stations), a transaction of one dollar is charged and then refunded, to ensure that the card used is genuine or has a balance of some sort on it.

If it is not refunded within the day, I would contact EA.

Answer your problem? Hit resolved!

Message 2 of 13 (14,346 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll wait for a day before I consider it resolved. Confusedmileytongue:

It's odd that the $1 charge worked even though I was unable to buy points for Citadel.

Message 3 of 13 (14,344 Views)

It's a preauthorization that will disappear at some point determined by your bank, EA has no control what-so-ever over how long it will be on your account.

Authorization hold

SD Signature Banner

Message 4 of 13 (14,336 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Alrighty, so there's still no return of the dollar on my card.  It's been 5 days.  This is a gift card and it's highly annoying that they did this while all I was trying to do was buy Bioware points.

So this wasn't a transaction with a bank.  This was EA pulling a dollar out of my credit gift card and not putting it right back.  How exactly does EA have not control over when EA puts it back?

Message 5 of 13 (14,322 Views)

@Zerfidius wrote:

So this wasn't a transaction with a bank.  This was EA pulling a dollar out of my credit gift card and not putting it right back.  How exactly does EA have not control over when EA puts it back?

Yes it IS still handled by a bank  (read the small print on the back of the card) and the amount of time the transaction remains is determined by that bank.

I have a gift card here...lets take a look at the back of the card...handled by Metabank. Now lets look at the Terms and Conditions of the Visa Gift Card I have...Authorization Holds last "for up to ten (10) days".

SD Signature Banner

Message 6 of 13 (14,316 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever recieve the money back??

Message 7 of 13 (12,664 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I didn't receive my money BACK, I lost 5.50 CAD 

what should I do? the transaction falled and I lost my money?

Message 8 of 13 (11,188 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried 5 times because It does'nt work and then I checked my bank account and I saw that I lost 5.50....

Message 9 of 13 (11,186 Views)

★★ Novice
Same here except i got charged $5 because THEY WONT FIX THEIR STUPID NU2001 ISSUE AND I HAD TO TRY 5 TIMES TO GETBMY SPEEDBOOST. DONT EVEN TRY CONTACTING SUPPORT. THEYLL JUST SAY WAIT 5-7 DAYS...
Message 10 of 13 (11,000 Views)