Re: BSOD caused by origin starting ME3

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BSOD caused by origin starting ME3

★★ Novice

I moved at the begining of the month (June 2013) and played ME3 once in offline mode because the internet company was retarded.  After getting internet access several updates went through including one to Origin.  Now, ME3 has a blue screen of death crash during startup, usually before or 1 second in to opening splash screen. 

Error is titled 'page_fault_in_nonpaged_area' code STOP:0x00000050

After some reading I have tried:

Memcheck86 = passed

Disc check = passed

disable firewall/antivirus software

Repair ME3 

deleted local data and sync with cloud

Uninstall/reinstall ME3

Uninstall/reinstall Origin

I have traced it down to a probable problem with origin using these steps:

Unplug network cord

start ME3 *WORKS*

go back to origin and click 'go online'

***BSOD

Has anyone esle had this problem? How do I fix this?  I would like to get back to shooting aliens online again...

Message 1 of 11 (1,560 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Have you tried starting the game directly from the MassEffect3.exe?

For me this file is in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (1,639 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Forgot to add my OS.  I run Vista x64 bit and it has played beautifully when it starts.  I have all the free DLCs.

Message 2 of 11 (1,555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have also Vista x64 and I have totally the same issue as you. I discovered this problem a few days ago. I had this problem never before but nowadays it's terrible and I can't start ME3 game. :/ Repair, reinstall... nothing helped me to solve this problem. And I realy don't believe that this problem is somewhere in our computers because since of release of this game I had no problems with this game.

Message 3 of 11 (1,528 Views)

★ Apprentice

BSOD on launch for me as well.  The game worked about a month or so ago and now I can't even launch it.  No other program has given me a similar problem and I also run Vista 64.

I assume there is either a driver issue or conflicting programs causing it, but I only tried the basic reinstall of ME and Origin which accomplished nothing.  I suppose I should mention it doesn't happen for all Origin games.  I only tested the Amalur demo and that worked without a problem so it seems limited to specific games or perhaps just Mass Effect.

Message 4 of 11 (1,515 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am glad that I am not alone. I also haven't problem with run other EA games, such as Dragon Age games, The Sims 3, Shift 2, but with ME3... there is something wrong.

Message 5 of 11 (1,500 Views)

★★ Novice

Bump

Message 6 of 11 (1,493 Views)

★★ Novice

Still no fix.  Is someone from EA active on this forum or is this a dead zone now.  Would be nice to get some additional steps to try.

Message 7 of 11 (1,492 Views)

★★ Novice

BTW EA, this is happening for all my EA games that require an actively online Origin.  Crisis 3 and ME3 both.  Leads me to believe that it is an origin problem.  System restore didn't work and I am having some trouble with my minidump files for some reason but I'm tired of dealing with this for now...

Message 8 of 11 (1,488 Views)

Community Manager

Have you tried starting the game directly from the MassEffect3.exe?

For me this file is in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 9 of 11 (1,640 Views)

★★ Novice

I usually start the game from the launcher under Start/Games

Message 10 of 11 (1,441 Views)