Re: Ambient Dialogue Fading Out

by holger1405

Original Post

Ambient Dialogue Fading Out

★ Apprentice

In certain conversations and quests on the Citadel, there appears to be a glitch where ambient dialogue spoken by Shepard often fades out abruptly. I've found this can usually be corrected by reloading a save and redoing the conversation, but the glitch is extremely persistent during ambient conversations with Conrad Verner. In particular, the ambient conversation where they are discussing thermal clips seems unable to play itself through without at least one of Shepard's lines fading out.

Can this be fixed? Is there some way to work around this glitch so I can hear ALL of the dialogue? Again, reloading a save and restarting the conversation is not working for the thermal clip conversation.

I'm on the PC version and have all the DLCs installed (along with several mods).

Message 1 of 7 (1,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Update: Well, after several reloads I finally got all the dialogue to play correctly. Still, it would be nice to not have to deal with this problem every time I play the game. If anyone knows of a fix or a more reliable workaround, I would appreciate the input.

Message 2 of 7 (1,056 Views)

@AvatarAang77

What mods do you use?

Do you use a headset?

Did you tested with other audio devices?

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "Browse" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 7 (1,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@holger1405

I sometimes use a headset but was not using one at the time the issue was occurring. I did test it with different speakers and that had no effect.

Also, here is a video from YouTube that someone else made years ago where the glitch occurs. In the video, the line of dialogue at 1:25 fades out before completing.

I believe this is the complete list of mods I currently have installed:

SP Controller Support

Expanded Galaxy Mod

Miranda Mod

ME3Recalibrated (I removed some files from this one as there were some changes I didn't like)

BackOff

Restored Zaeed Conversation

Diana Allers BeGone (this one doesn't work on my installation as another mod overrides it)

JohnP's Alternate MEHEM (Version B)

DxDiag file is attached as requested.

Message 4 of 7 (1,021 Views)

★ Apprentice

Update on that mod list: I actually do not have the Restored Zaeed Conversation installed since it was already included with ME3Recalibrated. These two mods are also installed:

Extended Final Anderson Conversation

Urz on the Normandy

Also, if this helps at all, all of these mods are up-to-date with the exception of ME3Re, Urz, and EGM. They are currently at versions 2.0, 1.0.1, and 1.086, respectively. I plan on updating them when I'm done with my current playthrough.

Message 5 of 7 (999 Views)

@AvatarAang77

Nothing in the DxDiag that would explain that error.

That is a heavy modded game you have there, it is very possible that one of that mods cause the error.

But lets start with something easy:

Make sure Origin is closed.

Go to your "Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\Config" folder and rename the "GamerSettings.ini" and the "MassEffect3Config.ini" to "OLD_GamerSettings.ini" and "OLD_MassEffect3Config.ini" > test the game.

If that don't helps delete the newly created "GamerSettings.ini" and "MassEffect3Config.ini" and rename the "OLD_GamerSettings.ini" and "OLD_MassEffect3Config.ini" back to their original names.

Then preform a clean boot and test the Game afterwards.

If that also don't helps it would be necessary to see if this is a mod problem.

Make a backup of your entire "Mass Effect 3" folder under ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games" and install a vanilla copy of the game. (if you don't  have a backup of the vanilla game you need to re-download it)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 7 (993 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nah, this doesn't have anything to do with mods: ambient dialogue glitches out from time to time in vanilla ME3, no matter where you are (Citadel, Normandy, even on missions,) and, yes, the Conrad Verner conversation is the worst of them all. This is just some ancient bug you have to put up with: there isn't a workaround, to my knowledge, and it's obviously not going to be patched in the old game, though perhaps the issue will be fixed in this legacy edition they're putting out. I wouldn't hold my breath, though: you know how triple-A studios love to keep their devs on a shoestring/just-in-time budget these days.

Message 7 of 7 (674 Views)