Accessing DLC for Mass effect trilogy for PC

by TigerAmerican

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Accessing DLC for Mass effect trilogy for PC

★★★ Newbie
Recently purchased a 6 disc trilogy set of Mass Effect for the PC. Before purchasing, I read that all dlcs for all games are included in this trilogy set. Currently finishing the first game, I am wondering how to access the docs. We're they downloaded when I first downloaded the game from the disc, will the missions and gear just show up in game before or after the main storyline is finished? Or is there a another step to download the dlcs? Thank you
Message 1 of 7 (30,595 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Accessing DLC for Mass effect trilogy for PC

Community Manager

@TigerAmerican Hi, unfortunately the Mass Effect trilogy pack doesn't contain all of the DLCs and there appears to be some confusion here. 

It does contain the following DLCs for Mass Effect 1: Mass Effect Pinnacle Station & Bring Down the Sky

The DLCs can be bough in pack on Origin. 

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-3/addon/mass-effect-3-dlc-bundle

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-2/addon/mass-effect-2-dlc-bundle

Thanks, I hope this helps clear things up. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (30,928 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@TigerAmerican Hi, unfortunately the Mass Effect trilogy pack doesn't contain all of the DLCs and there appears to be some confusion here. 

It does contain the following DLCs for Mass Effect 1: Mass Effect Pinnacle Station & Bring Down the Sky

The DLCs can be bough in pack on Origin. 

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-3/addon/mass-effect-3-dlc-bundle

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-2/addon/mass-effect-2-dlc-bundle

Thanks, I hope this helps clear things up. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (30,929 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is this also the case for the purely digital Mass Effect Trilogy Bundle DLC?

Message 3 of 7 (30,199 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi Jamezilla,
Which docs are you looking for?

DLC installs automatically, and Pinnacle Station and Bring down the Sky are found in specific star systems afterwards. Listen out for hints from Admiral Hackett when you enter star systems or scan planets. Kit normally appears on the Normandy ME2/3 or in the Spectre training room ME3. Armour/Clothing ME2 is in your cabin, in ME3 down in the shuttle deck on the console near Steve.

Yell if you are looking for something specific and I'll see if I can remember where it is - I'm in the middle of reloading the games on a new PC.

Have fun!

If you are after the game save files, they are in your program files (86) Origin - ME folder.

Message 4 of 7 (30,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@jamezilla wrote:

Is this also the case for the purely digital Mass Effect Trilogy Bundle DLC?

Yes. There is currently no edition of ME2 or ME3 that contains all of the DLC.

The Mass Effect Trilogy on PC includes:

• Mass Effect 1 + Bring Down The Sky DLC + Pinnacle Station DLC
  • Mass Effect 2 + Cerberus Network (which includes Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission)
  • Mass Effect 3

To get all the DLC for ME2 and ME3 you would need to get the separate DLC bundles they have released for each of the two games that @EA_David has already linked above.

Seriously though, at this point why don't they just make an "Ultimate" edition of the two games separately and of the trilogy?

Message 5 of 7 (30,141 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7 (30,124 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Fully agree with @Kenny32673, these games really need separate editions which include all the DLC, so that it can be included in Access Premier. Dragon Age II also.
Message 7 of 7 (30,112 Views)