Re: A hint, a clue, a whisper, ANYTHING about when I'll get to play the games I gave you money for?

by Omnithrope

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A hint, a clue, a whisper, ANYTHING about when I'll get to play the games I gave you money for?

★★★★★ Novice

Come on now, throw us a frickin bone here.

Message 1 of 12 (597 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: A hint, a clue, a whisper, ANYTHING about when I'll get to play the games I gave you money for?

★★★★★ Novice

@Omnithrope wrote:

I've heard the two following things from EA reps: 

1. It will be 2-3 days before the service is up
  2. It will most certainly be up within 24 hours

So... take your pick. It may be neither... 

So it's either less then 24 or more then 72 hours.

Hell I could shake a magic 8 ball and get a better answer then EA is giving, at least it would be deffinate. 

Reply hazy, try again later.  BAH!

View in thread

Message 6 of 12 (528 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Their service here would benefit so greatly by just simply giving out actual updates to pending issues.

Instead of operating like this:

Announcement 1: We're aware of the issue in x,y,z games, we will fix it.

Announcement 2: We're aware of an issue in some games, we will fix it.

They need to be giving out actual information.

Announcement 1: We're aware of x issue in y game.

Announcement 2: We've made z progress on y game's issue x. Please stay tuned for an eta.

Or something along those lines. The anger here would be brought down quite a bit if they would stop repeating themselves and give us more news on the problem.

Message 2 of 12 (564 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Message 3 of 12 (559 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well, it is either near finished or they decided to take it down because it won't be fixed for a while but...the announcement page is gone;

http://help.ea.com/en/article/some-games-wont-activate-in-origin/

Either good news or really, really bad news. :mansad:

Message 4 of 12 (548 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Dorzalty wrote:

Well, it is either near finished or they decided to take it down because it won't be fixed for a while but...the announcement page is gone;

http://help.ea.com/en/article/some-games-wont-activate-in-origin/

Either good news or really, really bad news. :mansad:

So we're waiting on an ETA for the ETA now? Oh hell...

Message 5 of 12 (525 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Omnithrope wrote:

So it's either less then 24 or more then 72 hours.

Hell I could shake a magic 8 ball and get a better answer then EA is giving, at least it would be deffinate. 

Reply hazy, try again later.  BAH!

Message 6 of 12 (529 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Maybe tomorrow another announcement will be made?
Message 7 of 12 (509 Views)

★★ Novice

I want refund of my money, but the link request refund leads to a dead page.

Shall I send my lawyer or what???

Message 8 of 12 (497 Views)

@Sir_Galahard1 wrote:

I want refund of my money, but the link request refund leads to a dead page.

The page worked for me a moment ago; I used the "Request a Refund" link on the following page:

Returns & Cancellations

Make sure you're signed into the same Origin account you used to purchase the game and that your browser/antivirus allows the page to load correctly.

SD Signature Banner

Message 9 of 12 (475 Views)

★★★ Novice

Trying to assesss how long it's gonna take you to finish a given task (if that task is unique, which this one most certainly is) is impossible. You have to know every detail about the task to give an accurate estimate....at which point the estimate becomes "now", because the task is solved.

Just think about how reliable progress bars in Windows are.

Especially in software engineering / bugfixing , you can't really say how much progress you've made because step 1 is trying to find out where the principal problem lies, and then dealing with the 139 - 4592 new problems that arise because you fix that problem.

With that in mind, I can understand why they don't give a precise ETA - it's done when it's done. The thing that's irking me is that this whole debacle hinges on the completely superfluous mechanism of product keys in a digital distribution format.

Message 10 of 12 (437 Views)