Re: "Input Not Supported" [Origin] - FIXED

by kodydenney3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Input Not Supported" [Origin] - FIXED

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Whenever I try to launch Mass Effect 2, the screen goes black and "Input Not Support" appears on the screen. I have had this issue with other games before (mainly on steam) so I usually fix it either in a properties.ini document or through a launch command to make the game launch in windowed mode, however in the DefaultEngine.ini StartupFullscreen is already equal to false (despite the game actually launching in full screen) and the startup resolution is already set to 1920x1080.

After this didn't work, I tried to search the web for how the launch command works in origin to make it launch in windowed mode but I couldn't find anything, I then tried the basic ones (-w, -win) and neither worked.

This is really strange for me since I only just finished ME1 on origin last night with no issues. I have already checked and I meet all the recommended requirements for mass effect 2, the only thing that was flagged as an issue was windows 10, I assumed this wouldn't really be an issue since ME1 ran fine...

Edit: I managed to fix it, for the interest of anyone who finds this thread with the same issue, just do as follows to fix it:

Basically all you need to do is go to your Mass Effect 2 folder, then open binaries, then their should be an application called MassEffect2Config.

Just open this application, click "Video" under Mass Effect 2 and change "Windowed" from "Default" to "Windowed", close the application and try again to run the game. The game will open in a very small window in the middle of your screen, just go to extras and then options/settings and change your graphics settings to whatever you like. Hope this helped someone  Standard smile.

Message 1 of 5 (6,467 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Solved.

@HeartLessthan3 wrote:

Edit: I managed to fix it, for the interest of anyone who finds this thread with the same issue, just do as follows to fix it:

Basically all you need to do is go to your Mass Effect 2 folder, then open binaries, then their should be an application called MassEffect2Config.

Just open this application, click "Video" under Mass Effect 2 and change "Windowed" from "Default" to "Windowed", close the application and try again to run the game. The game will open in a very small window in the middle of your screen, just go to extras and then options/settings and change your graphics settings to whatever you like. Hope this helped someone  Standard smile.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (7,576 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Solved.

@HeartLessthan3 wrote:

Message 2 of 5 (7,577 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you @HeartLessthan3 for sharing your solution with us here. Glad you`ve got everything sorted out now. Enjoy the game.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 3 of 5 (6,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@HeartLessthan3I'm glad you got it working. 

I put your solution in your reply and marked it as solved. This should make it more convenient for future googlers.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (6,416 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@HeartLessthan3 I have this same problem I think you just saved me2 for me
Message 5 of 5 (2,253 Views)