Re: "Checking Downloadable Content" makes it impossible to start ME3 o

by Snowcrash000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Checking Downloadable Content" makes it impossible to start ME3 on Xbox

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Now I can't even start ME3 anymore. Like, not at all, I'm stuck at a "Checking Downloadable Content" message right after loading up the game that can't be bypassed and is not going away, it's been like this for 10 minutes now.

Message 1 of 4 (493 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

The simple solution to this issue is to just connect to the EA servers when encountering this problem, which can be done without an Origins account. I still had to accept a whole bunch of privacy policies, but * it, I just wanna play the damn game in peace, even though I really shouldn't have to do that just to play the DLC that I paid a lot of money for.

This whole DLC experience has been a complete nightmare so far and I'm never buying another game that makes excessive use of them unless they come with the game on an extra disc, like GOTY editions.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (542 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

EDIT: Never mind, see below.

Message 2 of 4 (485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Apparently this has nothing to do with the recent DLC trouble but has always been an issue, that's just great... The only solution I could find online is to turn on auto log-in for Origin, but I don't even have an Origin account and I don't care for one. Is there any workaround for this or do I actually need an Origin account to play the DLC I paid good money for and already have on my Xbox harddrive? Like, annoying as it is, could I just unplug the ethernet cable before starting up the game and play offline? Or will my DLC fail to load then or something like that? How about if I plug it back in after loading up a save?

Message 3 of 4 (475 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

The simple solution to this issue is to just connect to the EA servers when encountering this problem, which can be done without an Origins account. I still had to accept a whole bunch of privacy policies, but * it, I just wanna play the damn game in peace, even though I really shouldn't have to do that just to play the DLC that I paid a lot of money for.

This whole DLC experience has been a complete nightmare so far and I'm never buying another game that makes excessive use of them unless they come with the game on an extra disc, like GOTY editions.

Message 4 of 4 (543 Views)