origin has encountered a serious problem and must close

by Bialante

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin has encountered a serious problem and must close

★★ Novice

Hello, I downloaded Mass Effect 2, then I moved it to another driver because I had no place left. I try to "locate" the game on origin but it gives me this error and I can't start Origin unless I reinstall it. Help me pls :/

Message 1 of 9 (985 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: origin has encountered a serious problem and must close

[ Edited ]

@Bialante 

Windows 7 DxDiags don't show Windows error reporting entries, is there nothing in the Reliability monitor about Origin or ME2?

How did you moved the game to the second drive? With the inbuilt Origin features?

(Right click on the game cover in the Library > Move game)

If Origin is working you can tray to uninstall the game and reinstall it directly to the second drive.

• Make sure Origin is closed.
  • Go here and download the "Revo Uninstaller". (The freeware version, Portable version works too.)
  • Run "Revo Uninstaller" > Uninstall ME2.
  • At the end of the main uninstall, Revo will ask you which cleaning method you want to use. > Select "Moderate" > Browse.
  • If "Remaining registration content found" is displayed > Select All > Delete > Next
  • When "Remaining Data and Folders" is displayed > Select All (Make sure the "Origin Games" folder is not in the list) > Delete.
  • Restart the PC > Run Origin as Administrator.
  • Create a folder named "Origin Games" (Without the quotes) on your D: drive.
  • At the Origin menu go to: Origin > Application Settings > Installs & Saves > On your computer > Game library location > Change folder > Navigate to the newly created
    "Origin Games" folder > select > Apply.
  • Install the game > Test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (872 Views)

All Replies

@Bialante 

Bialante  schrieb:

and I can't start Origin unless I reinstall it. Help me pls :/

Does that mean it works after a re-installation and stops working again in the next attempt?

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

Also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the "Origin.exe"

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 9 (946 Views)

★★ Novice

I can start origin after re-installation but when I try to locate the game it does the same error and probably it tries to locate it everytime I launch it and crushes. My pc is pretty old but Ive never had a problem like this :/

Message 3 of 9 (906 Views)

★★ Novice

If there is not a way to fix it, I'll just re-install the game instead of trying to locate it

Message 4 of 9 (905 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Bialante 

Windows 7 DxDiags don't show Windows error reporting entries, is there nothing in the Reliability monitor about Origin or ME2?

How did you moved the game to the second drive? With the inbuilt Origin features?

(Right click on the game cover in the Library > Move game)

If Origin is working you can tray to uninstall the game and reinstall it directly to the second drive.

• Make sure Origin is closed.
  • Go here and download the "Revo Uninstaller". (The freeware version, Portable version works too.)
  • Run "Revo Uninstaller" > Uninstall ME2.
  • At the end of the main uninstall, Revo will ask you which cleaning method you want to use. > Select "Moderate" > Browse.
  • If "Remaining registration content found" is displayed > Select All > Delete > Next
  • When "Remaining Data and Folders" is displayed > Select All (Make sure the "Origin Games" folder is not in the list) > Delete.
  • Restart the PC > Run Origin as Administrator.
  • Create a folder named "Origin Games" (Without the quotes) on your D: drive.
  • At the Origin menu go to: Origin > Application Settings > Installs & Saves > On your computer > Game library location > Change folder > Navigate to the newly created
    "Origin Games" folder > select > Apply.
  • Install the game > Test.

Message 5 of 9 (873 Views)

★★ Novice

I moved it manually without Origin features. I have just re-insatlled both Origin and ME2. It's working now but still no idea what caused it haha. Thanks so much for your time and patience. Have a nice weekend. <3

Message 6 of 9 (840 Views)

@Bialante 

You're welcome! Have fun gaming.

Message 7 of 9 (811 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi. I tried to move the game through origin this time and it crashed again Frown

Message 8 of 9 (729 Views)

@Bialante 

It is the second internal drive you try to move to, right? Not an external drive?

There are several possibility's why it crashes on the second drive.

A defect on the hard drive, missing permissions, a virus scanner being overprotective and some more. 

If it woks on the first drive, can you move other stuff over to the second if you don't have enough space on the first?

Message 9 of 9 (710 Views)