mass effect 2 update

by jimk66

Original Post

mass effect 2 update

★★ Novice

mass effect 2:  Kasumi constantly locks up my PC when I exit.  I have downloaded the game over and over and told the update screen not to download Kasumi DLC.  It works until I restart the game later at which time the auto update occurs and downloads Kasumi again.  How do I get rid of the DLC or keep it from downloading during the next update?

Message 1 of 3 (616 Views)

Re: mass effect 2 update

Community Manager

@jimk66 This can point to hardware issues often pointing to an issue with overheating but lets start with a couple of easy steps to see if they help.

Can you try the following:

1. Disable Windows 10's gaming mode (system properties -> gaming -> gaming mode tab)
  2. Check your paging file's drive for sufficient space. ME:A will take at least 12 GB of paging file in addition to your system's RAM (total value of approximately 24 GB)
  3. Optionally if your system has at least 24 GB of RAM (the more the better): Set your paging file's size to a maxiumum of, say, 4 GB. This forces utilization of RAM instead of paging file.
  4. Start ME2 in borderless windowed mode
Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (582 Views)

Re: mass effect 2 update

★★ Novice

Thanks for your information.  I could not find the (system properties -> gaming -> gaming mode tab), but I clicked on windows help and found that if I hold the Windows button down and press G the gaming folder opens.  It is turned off.  I don't know how to start the game in  borderless windowed mode.  I also don't know how to check the Paging file's drive for space.  

Windows 10 has made any of my former knowledge about computer file management worthless.  

Message 3 of 3 (559 Views)