Re: mass effect 2 on pc didgital deluxe wont install or download ???

by AsariRenegade01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

mass effect 2 on pc didgital deluxe wont install or download ???

★ Apprentice

Mass effect 2 the digital deluxe edition on pc will not install crashes on download  

Message 1 of 6 (546 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

Hi  Holger1405,  thanks again,   they realy need to start paying you for the prompt help you provide,  will save the reset the cache guide in case i ever need it if i find any thing that can fix other dramas ill let you now you are awesome Standard smile  can close this one now  bb, gg  monami .

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (729 Views)

All Replies

Two options to start with.....
Origin has an option to download in safe mode in the settings.
Second would be to preform a clean boot and see if it works then.

After that a DxDiag would be helpful most likely.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 6 (527 Views)

@AsariRenegade01

What is crashing, Origin (Steam) or the PC?

When do the crashes happen?

Immediately after you start downloading? At Installation? 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 6 (513 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi Holger,  yeah i diaxd etc,   the download manager got a bit scrambled in Origin. it  thought i hadn't downloaded the game via the origin client,  i have never put mass effect 2 any where near my steam folder cause potential for problems if you do that.,    also i purchased the game via origin not steam.   i did a dns flush rebooted my alienware and  relogged into origin  the client update patch did'nt install  correctly until  after the dns flush,  probably contributed to the download manager failing etc.   and it checked evrything and could see that it had installed and i was able to get in and play Mass 2 no problem.  ihave also found that the origin client is sometimes very unpatch friendly tends to break a lot when updating frequently,    sometimes have to uninstall the client and redownload it to unscramble it.  and yes itest mods but i don't mod any Origin Games,     I only mod Fallout 4 pc ,  and Skyrim  SE  on pc  i don't mod anything else....,  this has been a reccuring issue the unstable client etc,   and download manager freeze for a while now Origin nows bout it but doesn't seem to have completely totaly resolved it yet .

yes my equipment the alienware mx14xr2 is  seven years old and i have updated the Os system to 8.1 pro ,    it is not compatible with win ten which was why i refused to upgrade plus , win ten has dramas with Mass effect 2 and 3.   and lot of other stuff that i kind of need ,  also don't give a damn bout streaming,  why would i brick my system to a swampy mess ? to get 0 fps second?  that kind of mess is not my idea of fun!, not very viewer friendly either?..  thanks again holger you have helped me out previously  a lot appreciatated  well bye for now of ft  to  murder some collector's my fav enemies of the whole mass effect  series..    gg ..

Message 4 of 6 (501 Views)

@AsariRenegade01

Good to here that it works now.

Should you have update or download problem in the future, you might consider to clear your Origin cache:

All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

- close Origin completely. (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy  "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) > hit ENTER
    - Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder. (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy "%AppData%" (without quotes)  > hit ENTER
    - Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder
    - Delate the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder
    - In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on the word "AppData".
    - Open the "Local" folder
    - Delate the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder
    - Restart your PC. > test

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 6 (487 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi  Holger1405,  thanks again,   they realy need to start paying you for the prompt help you provide,  will save the reset the cache guide in case i ever need it if i find any thing that can fix other dramas ill let you now you are awesome Standard smile  can close this one now  bb, gg  monami .

Message 6 of 6 (730 Views)