mass effect 2 crashing in options

by y2j1915

Original Post

mass effect 2 crashing in options

★★★ Novice

I recently reinstalled mass effect two and for some reason anytime I try to change the options the game crashes back to desktop I've never had this problem before so I don't understand what's going on the only mod I'm using is the mass effect controller mod I don't know if that would have anything to do with it

Message 1 of 5 (933 Views)

Re: mass effect 2 crashing in options

@y2j1915

Is that the ME2 Controller Mode from the Nexus?

If so, did you make the Back Up of the Original files as suggested in the Mod description?

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

If you use Windows 7 also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the game you have trouble with.

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 5 (916 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes that is the mop that I'm using the one from the Nexus I didn't know how to make a backup for the files though do I just Copy and paste the folder somewhere outside the installation folder?

Message 3 of 5 (906 Views)

★★★ Novice
*mod
Message 4 of 5 (900 Views)

@y2j1915

You can edit your own post by clicking on the three dots in the top right corner of the post.

@y2j1915 wrote:

Yes that is the mop that I'm using the one from the Nexus I didn't know how to make a backup for the files though do I just Copy and paste the folder somewhere outside the installation folder?

Yes, or you could copy just the files the Mode overwrites to a different folder, that way you could vanilla the game in no time.

But this is not an option here now, so please repair the game. (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME2 > Repair)

The mode will be purged after the repair, but it is reinstalled very quickly if the game runs again.  

Test the game after the repair, and tell us the result.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 5 (861 Views)