Original Post

Accepted Solution

how do I bring my character from Mass Effect 1 to Mass Effect 2 on PC

★★ Newbie

Message 1 of 3 (244 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: how do I bring my character from Mass Effect 1 to Mass Effect 2 on PC

★★ Guide

if you know were your save games are for ME1 but it is a step you may have to repeat to transfer a new Shepard through

Go into the ME2 config utility program and click on Copy Mass efeect 1 save games in the save games tab and select where your save game is  the default is usually assuming your playing on Win 7 is Users\MyDocuments\Bioware\MassEffect\save

After you've done this asve the settings and boot up the game then click new game and import ME1 character and you should be fine as it should show up then.

You may need to repeat these steps every time you create a new Shepard though that yyou want to put in the gane

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (251 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

if you know were your save games are for ME1 but it is a step you may have to repeat to transfer a new Shepard through

Go into the ME2 config utility program and click on Copy Mass efeect 1 save games in the save games tab and select where your save game is  the default is usually assuming your playing on Win 7 is Users\MyDocuments\Bioware\MassEffect\save

After you've done this asve the settings and boot up the game then click new game and import ME1 character and you should be fine as it should show up then.

You may need to repeat these steps every time you create a new Shepard though that yyou want to put in the gane

Message 2 of 3 (252 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/PC-Importing-a-save-file-from-Mass-Effect-1/td-p/751184

I'm marking sjsharp2010's reply as the solution.

If you have any issues in the future, please read the sticky threads.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 3 (230 Views)