Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: can i start playing a game on steam and continue where i left off on origin?

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can i start playing a game on steam and continue where i left off on origin?

★★★★ Novice

a while ago I started playing mass effect 2 on steam and was trying to get the Cerberus network to work I gave up and started playing the game, a few times later I decided to google it and found out that steam is not on speaking terms with the games company and thus have no support or any of the bonus content. I have an origin account and decided to check if I could add it to my library, and I did. now the problem is that I am 6 hours into the game and dont really want to replay those 6 hours if I dont have to, is there a way to start the game in origin where I left off in steam?

any help would be appreciated and I'm sorry if this is a super simple answer or something I am not very tech oriented

Message 1 of 2 (250 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: can i start playing a game on steam and continue where i left off on origin?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@banquo17;  The answer is "Yes".  The saved game location is the same regardless of which install you have.

[EDIT:  But, "... 6 hours into the game"?  You've barely started.  I've replayed those six hours dozens of times over the years as I revisit the joy that is the Mass Effect universe! High five]

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (217 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@banquo17;  The answer is "Yes".  The saved game location is the same regardless of which install you have.

[EDIT:  But, "... 6 hours into the game"?  You've barely started.  I've replayed those six hours dozens of times over the years as I revisit the joy that is the Mass Effect universe! High five]

Message 2 of 2 (218 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help