can i start playing a game on steam and continue where i left off on origin?

by banquo17

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can i start playing a game on steam and continue where i left off on origin?

★ Novice

a while ago I started playing mass effect 2 on steam and was trying to get the Cerberus network to work I gave up and started playing the game, a few times later I decided to google it and found out that steam is not on speaking terms with the games company and thus have no support or any of the bonus content. I have an origin account and decided to check if I could add it to my library, and I did. now the problem is that I am 6 hours into the game and dont really want to replay those 6 hours if I dont have to, is there a way to start the game in origin where I left off in steam?

any help would be appreciated and I'm sorry if this is a super simple answer or something I am not very tech oriented

Message 1 of 2 (607 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can i start playing a game on steam and continue where i left off on origin?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@banquo17;  The answer is "Yes".  The saved game location is the same regardless of which install you have.

[EDIT:  But, "... 6 hours into the game"?  You've barely started.  I've replayed those six hours dozens of times over the years as I revisit the joy that is the Mass Effect universe! :eahigh_file:]

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (574 Views)

All Replies

Re: can i start playing a game on steam and continue where i left off on origin?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@banquo17;  The answer is "Yes".  The saved game location is the same regardless of which install you have.

[EDIT:  But, "... 6 hours into the game"?  You've barely started.  I've replayed those six hours dozens of times over the years as I revisit the joy that is the Mass Effect universe! :eahigh_file:]

Message 2 of 2 (575 Views)