by buying a second copy of ME2, would I lose all my DLCs?

by glacyon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

by buying a second copy of ME2, would I lose all my DLCs?

★★ Novice

I'm not sure if I should be posting here, I'm so sorry if I'm messing anything up! My question is: I would like to buy a second copy of Mass Effect 2 (the original one is in italian, and I would like to play in english now), but I'm worried I might lose all my DLCs by doing so. Technically the DLCs should be tied to my Bioware account, right? The one that opens itself whenever I open the game. But still, I would like to be reassured about it. I'm playing on Xbox One. Thank you!

Message 1 of 3 (457 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: by buying a second copy of ME2, would I lose all my DLCs?

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @glacyon

You will definitely not lose any extra content from your account by buying the second copy of Mass Effect 2 Standard smile

However, I believe there's no need to purchase the second copy of the game to enjoy it in English. Have you tried to change the language settings of your console to English and then launch the game? Usually with console version of our games there are multiple languages included, but the game will be installed in the one that's set up as the default on your device.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (446 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @glacyon

You will definitely not lose any extra content from your account by buying the second copy of Mass Effect 2 Standard smile

However, I believe there's no need to purchase the second copy of the game to enjoy it in English. Have you tried to change the language settings of your console to English and then launch the game? Usually with console version of our games there are multiple languages included, but the game will be installed in the one that's set up as the default on your device.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 3 (447 Views)

★★ Novice

That is amazing news, thank you! I've tried changing the language of the console before and the game kept being in Italian - which is actually not a problem, because me and my dad share the console and the account and I know he would just kill me if I were to change the language haha. Again, thank you so much for your help! 

Message 3 of 3 (436 Views)