Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: awc.dll error in Origin

by Bartch

Original Post

Accepted Solution

awc.dll error in Origin

★★★★ Newbie

Hello

I have installed ME2, and the game started without problems.

All installed DLC's worked just fine, just after I installed the Shadow broker DLC through Origin there is an error with the awc.dll.

The help suggests stated here is not working :https://help.ea.com/article/problems-launching-mass-effect-2

There is no EAAccessInstaller.exe, EACoreServer.exe, EACore.dll and noEACoreApp.ini

Also tried this: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/804361

Installed 'activation.air', does not work.

There is a EACore_App.in in the origin folder, but there is no path to activation.exe, and I don't know what it should look like.

Message 1 of 11 (24,284 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice
I remember what to do! Download the DLC manually from https://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (26,079 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
Have you tried repairing the installation? I had the same problem but I just can't remember what I did, though adobe air did nothing.
Message 2 of 11 (24,218 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I remember what to do! Download the DLC manually from https://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php
Message 3 of 11 (26,080 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the EXACT same problem. Incredibly frustrating. I was able to "repair install" by right clicking on the mass effect 2 icon in the my games section. This allows the game to load with no awc.dll error. However, At the main menu it says "unable to authorize the following DLC: Genesis". Please log into the account you used to purcahse this DLC with. I am already logged in to that account though. 

This problem needs to be fixed, like yesterday!

Message 4 of 11 (24,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

You say about "rapair option"

I have't this option in game details :mansad:

Message 5 of 11 (21,712 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

This 'solution' did nothing for me.

I also had this problem.

Reinstalling Air did nothing,

Trying to fix the install found nothing wrong.

I ended up floating my cursor over the ME2 image in origin and tried starting the game from there and it worked.

From then on, I was able to get the game running from the shortcut.

Hope this help.

Message 6 of 11 (21,104 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I also made a thread which has another way how to deal with the problem here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/Kasumi-Stolen-Memory-DLC-Crashing-at-the-end-of-loyalty-missi...

Message 7 of 11 (21,090 Views)

Re: awc.dll error in Origin-Perfect fix

★★★★ Newbie

Perfect way to load ME2 AND DLC's and have all work without that AWS.DLL error.. Step 1: Install Adobe Air. Step2: Install origin if not already on computer. Step 3 Install or download ME2 and install to default dir. which should be Program Files(x86)  Start game to make sure it runs. If it does shut down game.

Step 4: Go to Program Files(x86)/Origin <not Origin Games>and click on the Legacy PM dir. Copy all those files to a temp dir on desktop. Step 5: Add all DLC"s that you have to game.. Step 6: Copy all those files that you put in that desktop dir to the Program Files/Origin Games/MassEffect2/Binaries dir. Make a shortcut from Mass Effect2 in the binaries dir to the desktop. Open the shortcut by right clicking on it and choose properties. After the properties window is open there is a line that sayes target. Add  -nomoviestart to the end of the line after the quote mark. Like this  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries\ME2Game.exe" -nomoviestartup. Everything should now work with no error messages.

Message 8 of 11 (19,789 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It may sound like a "no-brainer", but your idea about right-clicking on the icon helped me at least move futher along in my trouble shooting. It has been some years since I played these games. Forgot all about that. Anyway, the repair worked. Thanks.

Message 9 of 11 (18,661 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Mass effect 2 origin  Awc.dll DLC load failed

I deleted the game, plus all dlc’s (updates) then i installed the game again
I installed all dlc`s one at a time and started the game , it worked,
untill i loaded arrival.
So i deleted everything again and reloaded all except Arrival and the game works.......
I will have to talk to Orgin to see about the Arrival Dlc. Hope this helps..

tommy

Message 10 of 11 (18,089 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help