Re: Can we please get some official statement on the missing DLC

by Snowcrash000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[XBox] Can we please get some official statement on the missing DLC

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I know we have topics on this already, but they are all incomplete and the only one that has any kind of feedback has gotten really convoluted and doesn't even deal with the main issue, the xbox marketplace.

For about 3-4 days now, it has been impossible to download the Kasumi, Overlord, Equalizer and Shadow Broker DLC from the xbox marketplace due to error code 80153003. As of today, that DLC has been removed completely. Can we please get some official feedback on why it was removed and, more importantly, if/when you are planning on bringing it back. This DLC, especially Shadow Broker and Kasumi, is amongst the most beloved DLC of the Mass Effect series and discontinuing it would be a huge slap in the face to the new fans of the series that Andromeda is sure to bring.

This is something that is currently being complained about all over the internet, I have seen multiple topics on this not only on this board but also the xbox support forums and reddit, for example. The total lack of feedback regarding this is very frustrating to a lot of people. Both the EA and MS support staff that I've talked to have been utterly useless when it comes to this.

EDIT: The Equalizer Pack is also missing.

Message 3 of 14 (1,391 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I cant buy Kasumi DLC

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

As as of now, Shadow Broker and Overlord are back on the marketplace! While it's nice that this whole mess seems to be resolved now, I still don't get why they couldn't have just said so in the first place and spared people the grief of having to worry about this for days on end. But all's well that ends well, I suppose...

While the Equalizer Pack is still missing, given the progression we have have seen on this by now, it's probably a pretty safe bet that it will be back within another one or two days as well. After all it was reported a bit later than the others.

View in thread

Message 13 of 14 (1,539 Views)

All Replies

I cant buy Kasumi DLC

★ Novice

I want to buy the Kasumi DLC , but when i press "buy now" i get  "404 error"

Message 1 of 14 (1,395 Views)

★★ Apprentice

There are two topics on this already...

Message 2 of 14 (1,379 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well, I didn't want to believe this at first, when it was only one guy on the xbox support forums claiming it, but since there are now more substantial reports concerning this on reddit as well it really does seem like EA pulled the licensing on that DLC, which pretty much means it's gone forever :'(. Unless they have a change of heart and reinstate it, of course, but after all we all know that EA has no heart...

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/5xriyj/no_spoilers_kasumi_dlc_no_longer_available/

Message 4 of 14 (1,374 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Moonito 

I am really sorry for those troubles with DLC. At what point exactly are you getting this error message? I`ve just checked this link https://social.bioware.com/page/me2-dlc and was able to purchase DLC successfully. What region are you currently in? 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 5 of 14 (1,348 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well, there are also people claiming that they have gotten conflicting information regarding the license issue from EA customer support now, so maybe there is still hope. All we really know for sure right now is that the DLC is currently unavailable and that either EA or MS customer support is pretty clueless. Hopefully they will actually put it back, but who knows. Would be really nice to get an official, definite answer and maybe an ETA on this.

Message 6 of 14 (1,355 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Kasumi is now back on the marketplace, hopefully the other missing DLC will follow shortly.

Message 7 of 14 (1,337 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Archi wrote:

Hello @Moonito 

I am really sorry for those troubles with DLC. At what point exactly are you getting this error message? I`ve just checked this link https://social.bioware.com/page/me2-dlc and was able to purchase DLC successfully. What region are you currently in? 

Cheers,

Archi

Kasumi is now back on the marketplace and while that's great, the other missing DLC, especially Shadow Broker, is still sorely missed. We can hopefully assume that the other DLC will follow shortly, but if you could keep us updated on that it would be much appreciated.

Message 8 of 14 (1,322 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Snowcrash000

I spoke to a EA CM about this specific issue this evening (evening for me. Wink ) and he is investigating this problem.

He also made pretty clear that there is no indication of a license issue. Furthermore, it would not make sense for EA or Bioware to remove content from the XBox store players still want to buy.

I assume that this is a glitch in the system, probably aftermath from the server problems in the last days.   

Edit: I merged the two threads about this matter.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 9 of 14 (1,324 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you @Snowcrash000 for providing updates on this, and thanks @holger1405 for additional input. Glad to know Kasumi - Stolen Memory is back! Will keep you all updated on this. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 10 of 14 (1,276 Views)