Betreff: Where are my saves for Mass Effect 2?

by holger1405

Original Post

Where are my saves for Mass Effect 2?

★ Novice

I just started a new game with ME2 and I cannot find my saves for this new game.  I can find my saves for the other times I have played it.

They are under "user name-one drive-documents-bioware-Mass Effect 2:"  I opened Origin and checked under "save games" and "save to cloud" was

checked. I unchecked it. Then I resumed the game, but then immediately saved the game, but it is still not on my computer.  If I have to start over, I will

but I want to make sure my save games will be on my computer.   If the save games are up in the cloud, how can I get them to my computer.  I really don't know

how the "save games to cloud" was ticked on to start with. I believe Origin had an update which might have done it. 

The reason I started looking for my save games is because I was having trouble with the Kasumi quest at the end. The screen would go dark. I googled this

and tried every solution listed including editing the shortcut to Mass Effect 2.exe with no luck. 

Mainly I just want my save games on my computer.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (572 Views)

Re: Where are my saves for Mass Effect 2?

@wayneout423  I've moved your post to the ME 2 forum.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (524 Views)

Betreff: Where are my saves for Mass Effect 2?

@wayneout423 

For the saves:

The game can't find the save games?

The saves are on your computer regardless of the Origin "cloud save" function is enabled or not, the always get stored locally as well.

The old Save games are under ">your user name<\One Drive\Documents\Bioware\Mass Effect 2\Save" because you have "OneDrive" set up to Include your local Documents folder either in the OneDrive folder list or in  the OneDrive Back up list.

This has nothing to do with the Origin "cloud save" function.

The Save games should still be physical available on your hard drive, the standard location is "C:\Users\>your user name<\Documents\Bioware\Mass Effect 2\Save"

If not, make sure Origin is closed > disable OneDrive > Start Origin > Start the game > Test > look under the above location.

For the Kasumi black screen problem, try to set the shortcut for the "ME2game.exe"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 3 (506 Views)