Re: Unable to purchase Overlord DLC Xbox

by Rayain23

Original Post

★★★ Novice

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_gapp/cannot-buy-mass-effect-2-dlc-overlord/08b93f...

Here’s the link; please guys take the time to reply and add to it, Microsoft needs the fight brought to them. 

Hold the line!

Message 101 of 129 (1,024 Views)

★★★ Novice
@y7acghij It’s not about EA; we have to bring this to Microsoft’s attention which is why I posted a link to Microsoft’s Xbox support forum.
Message 102 of 129 (1,018 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok, so it is on Microsoft site after all. Will follow up on your link later today 

Message 103 of 129 (1,010 Views)

★ Apprentice

Huh, according to the reply on the microsoft post, we need to address Bioware. 

"When the game was remade to become an Xbox One version, the game development team made the decision not to include this bit in the Xbox One version for reasons unknown to Microsoft, so in this case, it was a decision made at the developer level (Bioware), the publisher being EA. That being said, this content is no longer available for purchase on either version of the game, which explains why you haven't been able to obtain it."

Heh... Why not contact Bioware now? What's a few more calls after MONTHS of bullpoop?

Message 104 of 129 (990 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

BioWare is owned by EA, hence its EA matter ... is it not?

Message 105 of 129 (982 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@y7acghij EA is just the publisher.
Message 106 of 129 (972 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@SlR_CRUSHER

BioWare is a Canadian video game developer based in Edmonton, Alberta. It was founded in May 1995 by newly graduated medical doctors Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk, alongside Trent Oster, Brent Oster, Marcel Zeschuk and Augustine Yip. As of 2007, the company is owned by American publisher Electronic Arts

Message 107 of 129 (962 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EJCruz912 Your thread has been locked. I can't reply.
Message 108 of 129 (938 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Rayain23 it turns out they already answered the question.... it seems when they released Mass Effect 2 as backwards compatible game; they didn’t include Overlord as a purchase anymore.... which is weird cause anyone who’s had it before can play it on the XB-One. So I don’t know.... it’s really weird; but we’d have to take it all the way to Bioware if we want it fixed.... I’m likely to give up on it though; after a whole month of arguing back and forth between EA and Microsoft I’m spent; and it’s kinda good to actually have an answer to what the problem was....

Maybe if someone here makes some progress with Bioware I’ll hop back into the good fight; but I’ll have to accept my Mass Effect Collection as incomplete unfortunately 🙃😒🙁
Message 109 of 129 (898 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm too angry to quit now. I didn't pay for an incomplete game I can't pay the rest for (sounds messed up when I say that out loud).

Feel free to retweet this if you think it's worth it. https://twitter.com/ArothArklaw/status/1157027581075644418.
BTW, when you email Bioware, they tell you to try ea.answer. Pretty odd no?

Message 110 of 129 (831 Views)