Re: Unable to Login to Cerberus Network to Authorise Purchased DLC

by Firecat911

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to Login to Cerberus Network to Authorise Purchased DLC

★★★ Novice

Hi!

I'm hoping someone might have an idea on whats happening. I have posted a thread on the social bioware forums and was directed to give this a try Standard smile

On Tuesday (02 Oct 2012) I purchased and successfully installed the DLC for Kasumi, Shadow Broker, Overlord and Arrival.

However when I click the Connect button to the Cerberus Network when prompted to authorise the DLC, I get stuck at the login screen.
I have repeatedly typed and retyped my email address (has always been the same) and my current password used for both the EA account, Social Bioware forums, and Origin logins - but it will not accept my email/passwork combination.  The password I keep using is the very same password that gets me access to all the above with no problems.

Error message: "EA Online Account - Email and Password do not match.  The password does not match the one associated with this email. Please try again."  
I then have three options to procede:
1) Login to EA Online. (leads to same error message above)
2) Email My Password. (opens internet to EA account prompting to login and change password. I input the very same password I kept using when getting
error message, I changed the password and tested on both EA account and Social Bioware forums that password change was successful. I open ME2 as administrator, same error message encountered for new changed password.)
3) Cancel. (takes me back to main menu without being logged into Cerberus Network)

I have attempted the following fixes as mentioned in previous threads:
* I have tried the disable auto-login and restart method multiple times - to no avail.
* I tried deleting the Player 1 (PICS rules file) located in My Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\BIOGame\Profile - to no avail.

I wonder if the EA/Bioware/Origin password amalgamation that took place early 2012 might have something to do with this?  I have been unable to remember the old password I would have used when I first got ME2 back in early 2011...

I am at a loss as to how I get the DLC I paid for to be authorised so I can start playing them? Can someone please be able to assist, or at least point me in the right direction?

Background: I first played ME2 early 2011 and had no problems installing and authorising the free Zaeed etc DLC. I recently completed ME1 and used one of the fixes listed in the forums to get around the save file transfer issue. For the past few weeks I have been playing ME2 with no problems, I still have access to Zaeed and the other free DLC missions.

Up until now I have just ignored the "Unable to access server" message when I go to play ME2, as I was only interesting in playing single player and didn't need to log in to the Cerberus Network. I assume this was due to the previously selected auto-login settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated Standard smile

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9 (15,599 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

After some emails back and forth with EA Support I found the success I was looking for on the social bioware forums...

Here's a copy of my reply on the bioware forums:

[quote]Ouroboros69 wrote...

Solution is here!! 
After some lengthy discussions with an EA tech (who could not help me) I came upon this post

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/2845006/2

next to last reply states that your BSN password should not contain any special characters... 
tried this out (by changing my Origin/EA password) and guess what?

BAM! I'm in the Cerberus NW again and can claim my DLC...

Pretty messed up... they should crosscheck their password requirements at EA/Bioware and have them align to one another... 

Hope this will help others. Sneaky!![/quote]

Wow. This just worked for me!  I previously included special characters like - and *, then I changed my EA/Origin password without said characters and success! I can finally log into Cerberus Network to authorise my DLC.

Thanks for the assistance everyone!

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (16,312 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Hi,

It is really hard to say how to help this trivial and annoying problem, but there is one thing get in my mind. I have the same problem with TOR. I could log to some accounts and some not, bcs... my password was to long. I was told to change it on Origin -  I did and it helps. I'm not sure, but max is 15 or 16.

I've tried to log into Cerberus Network from ME2 a moment ago, and I did without problem.

I assumed you bought ME2 DLC being logged to Bioware Social? Do you have them listed on your social account?

Message 2 of 9 (15,497 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for that Rinoe - I'll give that a try when I get home tonight. My password is a bit long come to think of it...

And yes the DLC shows up on my social bioware account in my registered DLC - and when I turn ME2 on it shows all 4 of the DLC I purchased on the "Unauthorised DLC - please log into Cerberus Network and authorise" message.

I'll give it a test and let you know Standard smile

Message 3 of 9 (15,486 Views)

★★★ Novice

After some emails back and forth with EA Support I found the success I was looking for on the social bioware forums...

Here's a copy of my reply on the bioware forums:

[quote]Ouroboros69 wrote...

Solution is here!! 
After some lengthy discussions with an EA tech (who could not help me) I came upon this post

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/2845006/2

next to last reply states that your BSN password should not contain any special characters... 
tried this out (by changing my Origin/EA password) and guess what?

BAM! I'm in the Cerberus NW again and can claim my DLC...

Pretty messed up... they should crosscheck their password requirements at EA/Bioware and have them align to one another... 

Hope this will help others. Sneaky!![/quote]

Wow. This just worked for me!  I previously included special characters like - and *, then I changed my EA/Origin password without said characters and success! I can finally log into Cerberus Network to authorise my DLC.

Thanks for the assistance everyone!

Message 4 of 9 (16,313 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This works, thankyou so much for your help.

Message 5 of 9 (14,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was pulling my hair out and This may have just saved my life, again thank you.

Message 6 of 9 (10,655 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ThrawnVjun That's great. But unfortunately, that forum is long since dead and my password doesn't have any special characters. YET, STILL. CAN'T LOG IN. Super frustrating. Been trying to get it to work for the past hour!
Message 7 of 9 (4,058 Views)

★ Apprentice

I ran into this issue a number of months back and a complete removal of the game and all DLC from the system, then reinstalling it on my Xbox's external hard drive. Once I went to log in, it saw all of my DLC and let me play normally. I don't know if this will help, but I hope so.

Message 8 of 9 (3,956 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mods? Please sticky the above solution

Message 9 of 9 (3,767 Views)