[Solved] [PC] Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty mission.

by Bartch

Original Post

Re: (FIX-PC) 2017 Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty *

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for this fix, i'd tried so many before with no success but i followed yours exactly and it worked perfectly.

Saved me from throwing my computer at EA headquarters.

Thanks again!

Message 71 of 86 (3,620 Views)

Betreff: (FIX-PC) 2017 Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty

★★ Novice

Thank you so much... It worked for me too. I am so happy now. But ii's very strange. On Windows 7 I never had a problem with origin, now on Windows 10 I had so much problem with it. Not just with Mass effect, with the hole program. 

So, thank you again ^^

Message 72 of 86 (3,380 Views)

Re: [Solved] [PC] Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty *

★ Novice

I ran into the same problem playing Mass Effect 2 (and an encore of the whole series) for the first time in a long while this weekend via Origin on Windows 10.  I played through the mission 3-4 times and kept running into the same problem over and over again (even after a full re-install of the game).

What finally fixed it for me was going to Windowed Mode (not borderless, but regular windowed mode) and I was able to get back onto the Normandy after the exit mission screen.  I was them able to change my video settings back to normal (which for me was 4k borderless window).

Message 73 of 86 (3,054 Views)

★★★ Novice

Borderless didn't work for me.  I did not try windowed mode.

Adding -nomoviestartup to my desktop's shortcut to MassEffect2.exe didn't work either.

As noted elsewhere in here, I created a new shortcut to ME2Game.exe with the -nomoviestartup command line option and I was able to finally get past the Kasumi loyalty mission.  And to be clear, I could finish the mission, get the summary, but when it was supposed to go back to the galaxy map, the screen would go blank and I could hear some ME 2 music playing.  At this point, I couldn't access task list or anything really, and trying to close the window from the taskbar didn't do anything.  I would have to logout to get back to my desktop, and when I would resume the game, I would be back in the Hock boss battle just after Kasumi had disabled his shields.

I'm glad I found this!

Message 74 of 86 (2,954 Views)

Re: Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty mission. (possible

★ Novice

Same for me.

I am not sure if you are using Origin as well and not steam, but I'd imagine that this was the problem for the two of us.

So, if anyone in 2020 or later runs into this problem again, try making a shortcut of MassEffect2.exe and add -nomoviestartup to its target command line in its properties.

Oh, and for all the complete tech-idiots (like me): make sure that you start your Mass Effect game through the shortcut, not through Origin... It makes sense really, but some of us can be bloody dumb...

PS: 2013... Oh man, those were good days... Poor lads back then had no idea what the grim future would bring.

Message 75 of 86 (2,613 Views)

Re: Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty mission. (possible

★★★★★ Apprentice

I do some experiments by installation Windows inside VHD image and Native Boot. And what I see:

- my regular Windows 10 1809 LTSC - I have crash with black screen after Kasumi and every exit from Lair.

- fresh installation of Windows 10 1809 on some computer - some problem with game.

- fresh installation of Windows 8.1 on some computer - NO PROBLEMS (I finished game so tested Lair only).

Also tested with Windows 7 on non-gaming notebook without dedicated videoadapter - NO PROBLEMS.

But funny - if this issue very old - in which situations it can be ?

Message 76 of 86 (2,489 Views)

★ Novice

I solved the Kasumi loyalty mission be go in to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries right click on ME2Game Creating a Shortcut then right click on the ME2Game - Shortcut that you just made go to properties adn on Target line Paste in -nomoviestartup (Make sure there is a space) click apple then then run as administrator. you will know it has work when there is no EA logo when you start the game hope this help!

Message 77 of 86 (2,380 Views)

Re: (FIX-PC) 2017 Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty *

★★★ Newbie

I just logged in to say how I love you so much :D it worked, thank you!

Message 78 of 86 (2,090 Views)

★ Novice

@Chronos54321 

Definitely the easiest solution to this problem is going to Windowed mode -

and fixed it for me. No other solutions worked.

(I'm also doing a playthrough on Windows 10, AMD ryzen processor.)

Message 79 of 86 (2,009 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did all the fixes.  -nomoviestartup, run as admin, and windowed.

did not work on MassEffect2.exe, however it did work on ME2Game.exe.

not sure what was the fix that made it, but if you do it all on the right file it seems to work fine.

I'm running it on win10 from origin. GL you all that find yourself on this site with this problem

Message 80 of 86 (1,958 Views)