Re: Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty mission. (possible

by TallonHawkz

Original Post

Re: [Solved] [PC] Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty *

@OldBloodWolf

I can't completely rule it out, but there are Steam users in this thread who have/had the same problem.  

So if these Steam users have not all done a parallel Origin update, there is another problem. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 61 of 86 (5,144 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've done a lot of reading on pages 1-7, but it took me a few hours to succeed...

I added the -nomoviestartup on command line argument to ME2game.exe's shortcut file.

It only works for me.

Message 62 of 86 (5,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Worked for me. Thanks
Message 63 of 86 (5,039 Views)

Re: (FIX-PC) 2017 Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty *

★★★★ Novice
An old post.. but THANKS again ! you saved my "beacon" regarding the DLCs... I read also that the DLC "shadow Broker" has the same problem.....
Message 64 of 86 (4,819 Views)

Re: (FIX-PC) 2017 Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty *

★ Novice

I wanted to add that I'm having this same problem also.

I tried the -nomoviestartup switch for MassEffect2.exe and that didn't work.  I then tried it with ME2game.exe and that did work.

Thanks very much for the users posting the fix.  I was worried that I wouldn't be able to finish the mission.

I hope that EA can fix this bug since it's a known problem.  Mass Effect 2 is a great game and I've really been enjoying this Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC along with the other DLC.

Message 65 of 86 (4,711 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

This saved me when I was stuck in Lair of the Shadow Broker. Didn't get to see Liara come to the ship but none of the other options work.

For SEO optimization: Mass Effect 2 Lair of The Shadow Broken Crash When Leaving Ship Steam see the above solution provided by bakgrind. Also, this is properties in Steam, not in the application itself.

Message 66 of 86 (4,195 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have new computer with Windows 10.  Had to reinstall all my games.  Never had this crash before and was glad to see the resolution.  I have Steam version and player through Origin so I don't have to login every time.  I tried the "-nomoviestartup" in Origin - didn't work.  Tried "-nomoviestartup" in Steam - didn't work.  Tried making shortcut with -nomoviestartup" from "MassEffect2.exe"  - didn't work.  Saw a post said it worked after a few missions and thought maybe I was trying too early so I recruited Archangel (did Kasumi right after getting Mordin) - didn't work.  Finally noticed "Moderator edit" noted to making shortcut with "-nomoviestartup" using "ME2Game.exe" - Success!!!!

Message 67 of 86 (4,059 Views)

★ Apprentice
This is a good work around that I almost did. Shortcut using ME2Game.exe with "-nomoviestartup" worked for me.
Message 68 of 86 (4,032 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

This took some doing, never had a problem with it before, not sure what  change.

A lot of messing around with countless times of repeating the final scene  (on insanity mode), every possible god given fix listed in this thread and would you believe it the me2game.exe -nomoviestartup (which was one of the first ones I tried) just decided to work.. wtf,, haha.

The -nomoviestartup worked fine with the shadow broker glitch,, but this one.. nothing but problems.

Least it's working now  , thanks everyone Standard smile

It could really do with a proper fix for it though cos it runs off in to ME3 if you have to use the Gibbseditor to get out of it,,, Kasumi mentions to you that you failed her, kinda makes you feel a little disappointed Frown   cos Shepard doesn't fail.

Message 69 of 86 (3,949 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
[Moderator edit: clarification] Step 6 of the following solution should be sufficient to fix the problem at hand. (You don't need to preform the other steps.) Best course of action is to create that shortcut on the Desktop and run the Game from there. This worked for me I had to go to the larger of the two's file ME2 and use the shortcut on the desktop to play the game
Message 70 of 86 (3,877 Views)