Re: [Solved] [PC] Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty *

by Bazil025

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@tokinkosh

Besides the edit i made to your post above, I play the game trough Steam, and with the exact same game files I used on my former Computer.

I did not experienced the crashes on this old machine, but I got them on the new one.

So I would say your theory is wrong.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 41 of 86 (3,528 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I say you are not thinking it through. You play through steam, you cannot get the version I have. I bought this through Origin back when you did not have to have the Origin app running to play it. I have all of the addons I bought and patch 1.02 downloaded from years ago. You can't try this because you are stuck with the Steam version. Mine works fine now on my I7-7700K on a GTX 1070 and 32 gigs of PC3200 Corsair memory.

Message 42 of 86 (3,510 Views)

@tokinkosh

My point was that:

1. It is not an Origin specific problem.
  2. It is happening with the same game files on a newer machine but not on an older machine or my Notebook.

Conclusion: It is not just a game update that courses this error, and nobody is treating you like garbage, it is just something that happens to all games that get older.

The older a game gets, and the more the OS and hardware changes, the more potential problems arise.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 43 of 86 (3,497 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I experienced the very same problem like a lot of people here. In Lair of shadow broker DLC, my screen turn black during the car crash, as written before not a new miracle at all. But unless all other guys i still dont know how to fix it. I tried probably all the things and all the steps which are written in this thread and still no solution for me Frown I am playing on * notebook dual core 2 GHz, 4 GB ram, integrated chipset card!! But the game ran smoothly and perfectly for me until this moment.

1) -nomoviestartup command didnt work at all for me,

2) game is patched for 1.02 its only localized into czech language

3) Vsync and motion blur setted off also in gamersetting.ini

4) I tried it in window mode with the smallest resolution possible, every graphic possibility turned off

5) restart the mission from the oldest save

6) only one MassEffect2.exe file in the binary folder.

Main problem is that I almost complete the game on Insane, have all upgrades but my only saves are in this mission so i cannot skip it and continue.

Is there anybody willing to help me please with any good advice?

Thanks a lot for every meaningful respond.

See ya.

Message 44 of 86 (3,319 Views)

@Bazil025

Do you use any mods?

Did you tried to repair the game? (in Origin = Game Library > right click ME2 > Repair) (Steam = Right click at ME2 > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache.)

Are you sure that you implanted "-nomoviestartup" in the right way?

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

Message 45 of 86 (3,313 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your fast reply,

I am not using any mods, only DLCs downloaded from steam and repair didnt work also.

In the attachment is the Dxdiag and also my try of implementing the -nomoviestartup command.

If nothing will help, can I just send anybody my saves just to skip this cutscene throught your installed game and returning me after that?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Message 46 of 86 (3,284 Views)

@Bazil025

Try this:

• Delete the old desktop shortcut.
  • In the Steam library > right click on ME2 > properties > Set Launch Properties > copy and past "-nomoviestartup" (without the quotes)  in the blank field > click OK.
  • Create a new shortcut for your desktop by using the "Create desktop shortcut" button beneath  "Set Launch Properties"
  • Test the game.

Message 47 of 86 (3,262 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried to do this your way, I am sorry i was so stupid, that i missread the guide for steam players and didnt use it properrly.

But even after this discovery it still dont work :/ can I send you the saves for skipping the cutscene please? 

Thanks for all your effort.

Message 48 of 86 (3,247 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Bazil025

Bazil025 wrote: can I send you the saves for skipping the cutscene please? 

We can try that, but this won't solve the underlying problem, and that means there is a great chance that you will get problems again.

Message 49 of 86 (3,231 Views)

★★ Novice

I know, but maybe when somebody find another solution, or maybe with the buying of new PC someday thinks will sort out Standard smile

Thank you for your try, this is a great help!!

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 50 of 86 (3,210 Views)