Re: Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty mission. (possible

by MasterBasilone

Original Post

Re: (FIX-PC) 2017 Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty *

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Your solution is the exact same thing I have posted on these forums a long while ago (as parowOOz - couldn't remember login info :P) so it seems, while you might have found plenty of solutions, you actually haven't done them properly or at all.

Anyway, glad it worked out for you in the end Standard smile

Message 31 of 86 (7,688 Views)

Re: [Solved] [PC] Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty *

★ Novice

So for anyone who picked up this series recently, wanting to replay it because Andromeda made you feel nostalgic, here is a piece of info you might find useful. If you are running on Windows 10 the fix that is mentioned ( -nomoviestartup) DOES WORK. However, you will have two launch .exe files in your binaries folder. One of them is labeled Mass Effect 2, and the other is labeled ME2game. you have to alter ME2game for it to work properly. Spent a little bit of time figuring that out, figured i'd share it with ya'll. Happy Sheparding.

Message 32 of 86 (7,632 Views)

Re: (FIX-PC) 2017 Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty *

★ Novice

you are my hero

Message 33 of 86 (7,571 Views)

★★ Novice

This was the only solution that worked for me:

add -nomoviestartup to the ME2Game.exe file.

Game and DLCs downloaded from Origin in march 2017.

Message 34 of 86 (7,545 Views)

★★★ Novice

Windows 10 64-Bit Home

GTX 1070 SC

16GB Ram

Date of Issue

10/21/2017

This was the only Solution that work for me as well 

and the only reason I'm making a comment on this is so people know when

it was still working

"D:\Origin\Mass Effect 2\Binaries\ME2Game.exe" -nomoviestartup

I have this on my D drive cause thats where all my Games are on

Message 35 of 86 (7,281 Views)

★★ Novice

I've just redowloaded this thing from Origin. With all DLCs. I have the retail version of the trilogy with DLCs from bioware store registered if that matters. You know, the nice one for pc with all 3 games looking awesome on a shelf in a pretty box. The second me2 disc comes with a readig error. I've googled it, common error, shipped like that. Ok, i am still calm, caaalm, peaceful. Get it from origin, online. Clicking either "play" on origin or on the desktop shortcut doesn't do anything. Me, being a "veteran" mass effect player, i know that the actual game file is not masseffect2.exe but me2game.exe (former being the launcher), and probably it will start via locating it in total commander. It starts, with config running, old files imported, all fine, i can forgive this inconvenience. But. But BUT. After all this, EA and Bioware, you DARE to tell me that because of a goddamn MISSING LOADING SCREEN you keep forgetting to add since ca. 2011, i am not able to play your game now. (i also have the older single retail version of ME2, with the ugly cover art and texts being poorly translated to my native language, might have istalled that one, yes i am that kind of a fan, having two retail copies)

Right now as it is, for the proper origin download the problem persists! in 2018!

By creating a shortcut to the ME2Game.exe and adding that line solves it. At least for origin. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME.

Message 36 of 86 (6,956 Views)

★★ Novice

AAAnd it's constantly crashing on Illium, because why not, googled it too, in windowed mode its okay but SERIOUSLY GUYS i've payed for this. I know the rule "When it can go wrong it will go wrong" but COME ON

Message 37 of 86 (6,943 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you very much, this solved my problem.

It didn't work with the "MassEffect2.exe" but worked fine the "ME2game.exe".

I use Origin and Windows 10 for info.

Guys, don't forget the space after the quote, read carefuly the solution.

Message 38 of 86 (6,750 Views)

★ Novice

For those using Steam, I just went to properties, then set launch options, and I just pasted in -nomoviestartup. It fixed the problem for me.

Message 39 of 86 (6,706 Views)

Re: [Solved] [PC] Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty *

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

For the Origin users out there it is the updates through Origin that cause the Kasumi crash. I just installed the game fresh from my digital download backup. When you try to launch it like that you get an error saying you need to reinstall. It appears that this is because it wants you to have it in Origin to put the bad updates on. [Edit: please refrain from advertising illegal software]  and I was able to finish the Kasumi mission no special commands!!! Again EA treats us like garbage!!

Message 40 of 86 (6,248 Views)