Re: (FIX-PC) 2017 Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty *

by Chapp13269

Original Post

Re: Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty mission. (possible

@Jud4s1sk4r10t

The -nomoviestartup fix is mentioned in the "Accepted solution" of this thread, but granted, it is in fact the only thing you must do to fix this problem.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 21 of 86 (9,976 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, I'm facing the same problem and I'm trying to use this solution but I'm so bad at tech things I have no idea what I'm doing really.

I uninstalled/reinstalled ME2, stopped the DLCs, and downloaded them from Bioware Social. They downloaded automatically to my downloads folder - where should I save them all?

I'm also super confused about step 6. My binaries folder is empty - I'm guessing this is some kind of error that I'll have to uninstall/reinstall completely to fix? Mainly, though, how do you make the shortcut and 'add in target the parameter'? 

Sorry, I'm so confused, but I've been struggling with this issue for days now and I'd really appreciate any help. 

Message 22 of 86 (9,952 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Kerephants

First you have to make sure the game is installed properly. 

I assume that you have the game at Origin, because you can't download the DLCs on Steam. 

If so, can you start ME2 and does it work fine? If yes do the next step, if not please notify us.

It would be no problem to install the DLCs throughout Origin, but if you already downloaded them from BSN just double click the DLC files in your Download folder, this files are executables that will install the DLCs. (If you get a error that ME2 could not be found move the DLC files to your ME2 Game folder, that folder should be under  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2" (standard path.) )

After ME2 and the DLCs are installed run the game to see if it works.

If it does close the Game and go to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32"  folder and right click on the "MassEffect2.exe" > send to > Desktop (create shortcut). 

Now go to the Desktop and right click the shortcut > Properties.

Click in the "Target" field and then use your right arrow key to bring the cursor to the end of this line (directly after the quote mark (") ). Copy and past this: "  -nomoviestartup" without the quote but with the space before the (-) in the "Target line. Should look that way:  ...Binaries\MassEffect2.exe" -nomoviestartup  
Click "OK" and start the game from the shortcut on your desktop.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 23 of 86 (9,943 Views)

★★ Novice

-nomoviestartup in target line worked for me. I literally did it 2 hours ago. If you are running through Origin locate the file ME2Game.exe in the MassEffect2 Binaries folder. Send a shortcut to the desktop, right-click the desktop shortcut and in the target line window after everything in quatations type a space and then -nomoivestartup

here's an example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries\ME2Game.exe" -nomoviestartup   

Type it just like that and it should be the last time you have to face that coward Hock who fights in an airship.

Message 24 of 86 (9,927 Views)

(FIX-PC) 2017 Kasumi: Stolen Memory DLC Crashing at the end of loyalty mission.

★★★ Novice

I have windows 10 x64 and a GTX 1070. After the cinematic with keeping or deleting Kasumi's memories (at the end mission screen), clicking "Exit" crashed the game. After trying every solution Google could pull up, and none of them working, I decided I would save you fellas some time by putting what I did up here for you to try. This works as of 1/20/2017.

What did NOT work for me (but may for you):

1. Adding -nostartupmovies to the Origin command line.

2. Repairing the install and DLCs - with or without first deleting the config folder.

3. A. Rename 'MassEffect2.exe' to 'MassEffect2Launcher.exe'.
    B. Rename 'MEGame.exe' to 'MassEffect2.exe'.
    C. Create a shortcut to the new 'MassEffect2.exe'.
    D. Add the -nomoviestartup parameter to the target line.
    E. Run as Administrator.

I would get an error complaining about one of the .par files missing (obviously, because I just changed the name of the .exe) /sigh

What DID work for me (and may for you):

1. A. Open your Binaries folder in your ME2 installation.

B. Make a shortcut of the ME2Game.exe (right-click it and click 'Create shortcut.')

C. Right click that new shortcut and click properties. Add " -nomoviestartup" (without quotes) to the Target line - don't forget the space.

D. Right click that new shortcut and click Run as administrator.

E. Complete the mission, make your choice to keep or delete the memories, and it should finally load you to the Normandy. SAVE YOUR GAME!

F. Exit the game and delete that new shortcut you made. Re-launch your game, load your save, and get back to having fun!

Message 25 of 86 (9,972 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 26 of 86 (9,778 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
THANK YOU. Worked perfectly for me.
Message 27 of 86 (9,632 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Thank you! finally a solution to this problem

Message 28 of 86 (9,619 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU GOD I FINALLY GOT THROUGH IT THANKS MAN!

Message 29 of 86 (9,581 Views)

★ Novice

I never had an issue with this dlc before through origin on my old pc.. but since I've upgraded, I encountered this crash.  I tried everything, but what worked for me was the above.

All I had to do was create a shortcut of the "ME2Game.exe" file, then go to properties for that shortcut, and add the " -nomoviestartup" (without the quotation marks) to the end of the target line and run my new shortcut as admin.

Everything else didn't work.  I must have beaten that loyalty mission about 12 times now.

Message 30 of 86 (9,503 Views)