So I wanted to start Jacob loyality mission...

by TherionQQQ

Original Post

So I wanted to start Jacob loyality mission...

★ Novice

http://puu.sh/c701A/436d4582cd.jpg

any idea what causes this and how to fix it ?

Message 1 of 7 (394 Views)

Re: So I wanted to start Jacob loyality mission...

Hero

I've never seen this before, and I've been a regular on the support forums for a long time. Have you perhaps modded the game?

I personally would first try to repair the game through the Origin client. If that doesn't work, I'd play another mission first and get back to Jacob's mission at a later time.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (377 Views)

★ Novice

Well, I finished all the missions I had and that's the only one left. I can't continue the game.
I tried repairing, didn't work, also, I didn't mod the game in any way.

Message 3 of 7 (369 Views)

Hero

Could you upload your save file so I can test it?

Message 4 of 7 (365 Views)

When you say, "I finished all the missions I had" does that include going through the Omega 4 relay?

I ask because you can do certain missions after you've finished the game (Arrival for example), but you're not able to do loyalty missions.

SD Signature Banner

Message 5 of 7 (359 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@sundance31us wrote:

When you say, "I finished all the missions I had" does that include going through the Omega 4 relay?

I ask because you can do certain missions after you've finished the game (Arrival for example), but you're not able to do loyalty missions.

You can do loyalty missions after the endgame. I've done this myself.

I've even recruited characters after completing the game.

Message 6 of 7 (355 Views)

★ Novice

@sundance31us wrote:

Well, I wasn't able to go through the Omega 4 relay since I was still waiting to research this reaper tech whatever it was.

and uhh, I downloaded some sort of save editor and edited my save like Jacob have never been in my crew. After I loaded it, I got that cutscene about having reaper tech analyzed, kidnapping my crew and stuff. But there was another problem after this. When I entered the galaxy map I got black screen and the only thing I could do was closing the game through the task manager. I got pissed off and deleted the profile. I could somehow recover my save from previous gameplay tho (like year ago or something) . In the end I finished the game with no trouble.

I could possibly upload the save for you from the time I had this issue but I need to know how to get that save back from cloudsync. I think it is somehow possible because recently I got a new harddrive, installed ME2 and somehow got my profile from 2013. Dunno how to recover it on purpose but if you're interested in this issue then explain and I will upload this for you.

sorry for my english, I know it sucks

Message 7 of 7 (346 Views)