Re: Small Popups no longer showing

by zelmes

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Small Popups no longer showing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I installed and played ME2 yesterday and everything was working well. A few mods (ME2 Recalibrated, ENB, and a controller mod), and everything was running fine. Today I tried to play again and ran into a few strange errors.

The main one is that popup information no longer pops up. Anytime I pick up credits or items or achievement steps, nothing shows up on the screen. I wouldn't actually mind playing like this, but I want to know what is causing this.

The menu also now crashes whenever I try to change any settings, but I think this is probably a mix of the controller mod and enb settings, since the menu is showing settings that do not reflect my actual save file information. For example, it shows I am playing on Nomal even though a save editor shows that I am in fact on Veteran. Posting here in case this is more malicious or adding to the previous problem.

Attached should be my dxdiag if needed. Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I've tried repairing as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the game without the mods and the problem persists.

Message 1 of 2 (649 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I think I fixed it, although I don't understand it. Seems like it was some issue involved with drivers that allowed the Switch Pro controller to be read as XInput. The popups came back after uninstalling the drivers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (639 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I think I fixed it, although I don't understand it. Seems like it was some issue involved with drivers that allowed the Switch Pro controller to be read as XInput. The popups came back after uninstalling the drivers.

Message 2 of 2 (640 Views)