Re: Shadow Broker Game breaking bug after exiting trade center

by sailornaru

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Shadow Broker Game breaking bug after exiting trade center

★★ Novice

So I'm at the part where you pursue Vasir, and when I exit the trade center, a cutscene plays where Liara and Vasir are shooting at each other, then there's a loading screen and I'm dropped into the game which seems partially loaded. 

There's an Asari woman standing still in front of me, and Vasir is taken cover behind the car. I can shoot and run around but it doesn't have any effect. I can run through Vasir, she moves around but is not solid. The loading screen that plays after the cutscene is also weird in the sense that the camera seems to be stuck in some terrain.

Here are some screenshots.

This first happened on my modded game, so I reinstalled and it's happening in Vanilla too. I tried modifying some settings per a Youtube video but that did not help.

Loading a save I made before exiting the trade center makes no difference, and neither does loading a save I made after I fall out the window fighting with Vasir.

I can't find a trace of this bug anywhere except this Youtube video.

If it helps, I had encountered another bug in my modded game earlier in which I could not enter the Presidium for whatever reason(The loading screen would get stuck and I had to force quit using Task Manager). I do not know if they are related.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm running the latest version, I have an AMD R5 M330 GPU and an Intel i5-5200U CPU, 12 GB RAM, and DirectX12 on Windows 10.

Message 1 of 3 (3,115 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Well I couldn't fix it myself but I teleported back to the Normandy using Gibbed.

To do the same, change the XYZ values in Player Position under Raw as follows

X: -247.2549

Y:  2546.247

Z: 611.1744

And change level to BioP_Nor

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (3,591 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Well I couldn't fix it myself but I teleported back to the Normandy using Gibbed.

To do the same, change the XYZ values in Player Position under Raw as follows

X: -247.2549

Y:  2546.247

Z: 611.1744

And change level to BioP_Nor

Message 2 of 3 (3,592 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I noticed a similar problem, mine was slightly different, but with the end result being after I left the center and there is Liara and the other woman in the shootout, but nothing was happening, as in you could not leave the planet and it would not queue the action or any further progress. I did not have a modded game other than other DLC. I think it's just a bug that never got resolved, I did solve the problem by loading up a save from where I first entered building, it seems to get the correct version of the game (instead of the glitch version). But if you try to load it from the autosave before they start shooting each other (if you had a glitch version, well, you have to go back fairly far into the mission, but you don't have to restart). A main problem with this mission is that you can't leave the planet, other than just restarting the whole mission. I'd recommend several saves if on Shadowbroker, and a save from one on the Normandy but before you accept the shadowbroker mission, just if it messes up on someone's game. I still have the messed up version of that save I think, unless I rewrote over it, but I might be able to give a log, though I forget all the steps on what I'd need to do to report this bug. But unless I still have the save, I'm not sure how I'd prove it happened. It must be a low instance, because it seems like only a few people have ran into this bug, I'm not sure what would cause it, but it's the first huge bug I've encountered. That is one of the longest DLC's, it's a really good one and well worth it, plus it seems to give a lot of back story, and fills in a lot of missing info to the story. I admit, this bug worried me because I wasn't sure if I would be able to finish the game (luckily I'm a save-aholic so that actually helped) to revert a game.

Message 3 of 3 (2,446 Views)