STEAM AND ORIGIN, TORN BETWEEN TWO PLATFORMS FOR DLC

by cmtrhn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

STEAM AND ORIGIN, TORN BETWEEN TWO PLATFORMS FOR DLC

★★★★★ Newbie

O.K. I F*cked up.

I bought deluxe mass effect 2 from Steam. Then installed the game, activated cerebrus (or what ever) dlc from within the game. But I couldn't activate collector's weapons and armor and deluxe edition. The links from within the game did not work (couldn't open the link, seems broken)

Then I registered for an origin account, redeemed deluxe code and weapons code there but cerebrus code gave me an error that I already activated the code (duh)

So I cannot play deluxe version on steam, I cannot have eveything on origin. I am torn between two platforms. I already have 8 hours of gameplay on steam so I want to solve this without losing my saves.

What should I do, this is so f*cked up? 

Message 1 of 3 (779 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: STEAM AND ORIGIN, TORN BETWEEN TWO PLATFORMS FOR DLC

[ Edited ]
Hero

When you say 'activate' the collector weapon and armor, do you mean they haven't been installed yet?

You can download the DLC from this page (the direct link for the collector gear is here). (Note: While you can download all those DLCs, they will only activate if you're logged into the game with the account they're registered on.)

ME2 on Steam is a bit problematic because the DLC isn't sold there. Apart from the DLC that is included in your package, the only way to even get the DLC for Steam anymore is to buy it from Origin. There used to be a website, but as you pointed out, it's dead.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,061 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

When you say 'activate' the collector weapon and armor, do you mean they haven't been installed yet?

You can download the DLC from this page (the direct link for the collector gear is here). (Note: While you can download all those DLCs, they will only activate if you're logged into the game with the account they're registered on.)

ME2 on Steam is a bit problematic because the DLC isn't sold there. Apart from the DLC that is included in your package, the only way to even get the DLC for Steam anymore is to buy it from Origin. There used to be a website, but as you pointed out, it's dead.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (1,062 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
It seems it worked thank you very much for the link!
Message 3 of 3 (762 Views)