Re: Cannot access dlc (no workarounds working)

by Holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Retail ME2 game (PC)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

When I bought this game it was registered with BW not Origin or steam. I just reinstalled it was going to play but can't find any of my DLC or how to get it back. AND, I REFUSED TO BUY IT AGAIN!  I spent a lot of BW points on DLC too, not including the Dr. Peppers I drank for their promo with ME2 but I know that they would be gone at some point at least it was in the fine print on the bottle.So how do I get my content back. 

I even tried my game code in origin but it didn't work.

Message 1 of 8 (1,133 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Retail ME2 game (PC)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Mass Effect 2 DLC installers can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/#masseffect

They require authentication when playing the game, so simply log into the game using the account you originally registered them to.

I think the Dr Pepper promo items are free on Origin nowadays. If you don't see them, someone posted download links here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/Is-it-possible-to-get-the-old-Dr-Pepper-armors-anymore/m-p/4...

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,105 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Mass Effect 2 DLC installers can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/#masseffect

They require authentication when playing the game, so simply log into the game using the account you originally registered them to.

I think the Dr Pepper promo items are free on Origin nowadays. If you don't see them, someone posted download links here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/Is-it-possible-to-get-the-old-Dr-Pepper-armors-anymore/m-p/4...

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (1,106 Views)

(PC) Can you buy?

★★★ Novice

Genesis DLC by itself from origins that's the only DLC I didn't own already when I reinstalled my game. Its to much to buy BW points from Origin then buy DLC then go download it. Something is surely to go wrong(Murphy's Law).
Thanks for any help in this matter.   -IB-

Message 3 of 8 (1,001 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks Fred, sorry waiting so long to get back with you to thank you. I got all my DLCs the only one I don't have I just posted about I ran out of BW points at that time. Thanks again. -IB-

Message 4 of 8 (1,024 Views)

Cannot access dlc (no workarounds working)

★★★ Newbie

So I have mass effect 2 digital deluxe on steam. I did what was mentioned to download the dlc from another site and have it installed. Every time i log in it says i cannot access any of it without Cerberus, which says cannot connect. I was linked to another site to apparently buy it but dont have the option. Like it isnt even listed on the site. Then I dont veen have a section in game for additional content to see my dlcs. 

Is there any way to have access to my dlc or am i screwed?

Message 5 of 8 (942 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Cannot access dlc (no workarounds working)

@kvltimvs 

You need to connect to the Cerberus network. It works flawless on my end, so the problem is not with the network itself.

How is the exact error message?

Do you use special characters hat your username or your email?

Are you on a public network, for example a university network?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 8 (917 Views)

ME2 DLCs inaccessible

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Shalom People,

it's been few years since I last played ME2, and back then I bought almost all DLCs from the website* the game launcher directs to, but now this site seems to be offline. Is there a way to recover my DLCs for ME2&3? It'd be so sad if all of it was just gone like dis~ pls send help Standard smile 

Thank youu and have a nice one Standard smile !!

* EDIT: that website is: http://go.bioware.com/masseffect2/pc/launcher/dlcontent/en/ 

Message 7 of 8 (888 Views)

Betreff: ME2 DLCs inaccessible

@C0mMuN1SmW1LLW1N 

If I get you right you don't have the DLCs on your disk anymore?

If so you can find them here.

If you log on to Origin, or to the game, with the same account you activated this DLCs on, they will work as before.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 8 of 8 (865 Views)