Re: [PS3]Importing ME1 → ME2 → ME2 with Genesis[SOLVED!]

by Jopein

Original Post

[PS3]Importing ME1 → ME2 → ME2 with Genesis[SOLVED!]

★★ Novice
--REUPLOADED because of account issue--
Hi, I just finished ME2 with my imported save from ME1 and wanted to start a new game with imported character from my finished ME2, BUT I want to change some of my decisions via Genesis. I was searching for some answers and that's what I found on ME wiki site:

WARNING:If your character was an import from Mass Effect, and you start a New Game+ while Mass Effect: Genesis is installed, then Genesis will play after the Prologue, and your character will be treated as if it was not a Mass Effect import; your New Game+ will instead be affected only by the choices Genesis allows you to make.

I was really excited to try it, but the Genesis didn't started after the Prologue Frown I have downloaded the Cerberus Pack, but Genesis is only working when starting a new game from scratch. Is there any way to 'fix' this? Thanks!

UPDATE: So yeah, I've tried a lot of combinations like a deleting data, reinstalling DLC's and so and finally I found a way how to make it work. You have to delete file called 'Patches and DLC's or something like that, then download the Cerberus Pack from PS Store and install it. BUT before you launch ME you have to disable internet connection to avoid updating. Then start a new game with your ME2 completed save(as mentioned in the topic name, it has to be done this way: ME1 → ME2 → ME2 New Game+). After the Prologue, Genesis will pop up and you'll be able to make any decision available. After first mission you can quit the game, enable internet, update the game and continue without any troubles Standard smile BTW I only did that to change my love interest :D After what happened in ME3 it had to be Liara...
Message 1 of 3 (1,879 Views)

★★ Novice

Does anyone know if this would work for PC too?

Message 2 of 3 (1,737 Views)

★★ Novice
Don't know bro... I don't have a PC version to try it, but I would probably do it same way. Try to find a patch in ME2 folder and delete it. It's definitely problem with the newest patch, but I'm not sure if it'll be working for PC too. Anyway there are a lot of other options how to modify your save, it shouldn't be difficult on PC Wink
Message 3 of 3 (1,723 Views)