PC. save game not loading - "Unknown Area"

by Maclas02

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC. save game not loading - "Unknown Area"

★★★ Novice

Forty hours into the game and when I clicked "resume" today, nothing happens. Using "Load", it says "Unknown Area". When I quit yesterday I had just started on the Genesis DLC.

I have tried re-installing the game on Origin, but it did not help.

Anyone know how to resolve this apart from starting over?

Message 1 of 7 (5,779 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PC. save game not loading - "Unknown Area"

★★★ Novice

Nevermind. I used my only other saved game, from just a few minutes into the game, and after that the issue with the "Unknown Area" was solved.

Wish I had done that two hours ago . . . 

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (6,812 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Nevermind. I used my only other saved game, from just a few minutes into the game, and after that the issue with the "Unknown Area" was solved.

Wish I had done that two hours ago . . . 

Message 2 of 7 (6,813 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

did you use save from another playthrough or other from same which you did have problem with?

EDIT: tryed it myself with another career. fixed the problem... just makes me angry that I lost 4 hours of gameplay because I started it again from another save which overwrote others

Message 3 of 7 (5,744 Views)

★★★★ Novice

DAMMIT wish id known to load another game to undo the error, i just deleted my 40 hr vanguard character becuase the game crashed when i opened the team menu (left shift) during project overlord after reaching dr archer and turned all that chars saves to unknown area, the game tends to crash when you attempt quick skill rearrange in that particular room.

Message 4 of 7 (5,727 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me... only at the end of the Shadow Broker DLC and my last save was about an hour and a bit back, don't suppose there's a way I can get them back?

Message 5 of 7 (4,425 Views)

@ReverendGlitch

What is exactly happened?

This happens at the very end of the Shadow Broker DLC?

If so this could be of help.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 7 (4,416 Views)

★★★ Novice

Wished that worked cause it didnt for me. I had 50 hours in and im having to restart from 15 hours. Royally pissed. EA keeps * up big time.

Message 7 of 7 (2,444 Views)