PC Version - PhysX Error (unable to start the game) - Origin

by Mark_Helder

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

PC Version - PhysX Error (unable to start the game) - Origin

★★★ Novice

Hello!

I've recently bought the game from Origin and upon finally downloading and installing it I get this error:

Failed to initialize the physics system. Please ensure you have an updated version of the PhysX System Software installed.

Now, like every normal person I went to Google and searched for a problem, turns out it's extremely common (shame on the developer).

However, the solutions provided by other users don't work for me: I've tried installing the driver from the redistributabel package that goes with the game, donwloaded the latest version of the driver from NVidia, even had to re-install (aka re-download) the game a couple of times, but the problem still persists.

After hours of frustration and constant re-installing I decided to write here to see if you guys could help me resolve this issue, since the developer obviously doesn't care enough to fix it.

I'm not even going to try EA support. Been there, done that.

My Specs:
ME2 - origin version, Deluxe Edition
Win7-64 bit
GPU: AMD Radeon 6400

Message 1 of 5 (12,147 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PC Version - PhysX Error (unable to start the game) - Origin

★★★ Novice

EDIT: I ran a DriveSweeper (http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html ) program to make sure that I deleted everything clean, rebooted, installed the PhysX from the Mass Effect 2 directory and FINALLY it works! 

Hope it helps someone.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (14,153 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

EDIT: I ran a DriveSweeper (http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html ) program to make sure that I deleted everything clean, rebooted, installed the PhysX from the Mass Effect 2 directory and FINALLY it works! 

Hope it helps someone.

Message 2 of 5 (14,154 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the problem myself and having to install OLD drivers can't be called a solution. 

A decent companie would fix something like this, even for an old game. They haven't even bothered to rewrite the error message. -.-

"Please ensure you have an updated version of the Physx System Software installed." Yeah, I have, [Edit - Admin.]

Message 3 of 5 (12,045 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Surely the developer could patch this to work with more recent versions of PhysX ?

It is not as if it is an uncommon problem by the number of threads flagging it up as a major problem!

Balla. :0(

Message 4 of 5 (11,983 Views)

★★★ Newbie

WHAT Mass Effect 2 directory.  I just spent 6 hours redownloading and cannot find any thing???

Message 5 of 5 (11,875 Views)