Re: PC - Mass Effect 2 Seemingly random No Sound error on duplicate screen.

by holger1405

Original Post

PC - Mass Effect 2 Seemingly random No Sound error on duplicate screen.

★ Novice

I am playing Mass Effect 2 and want it to run on my laptop so I can see it and play, and have it connected to the TV so my girlfriend can watch and play along (she does the dialogue choices). This is how we play quite a few games, including original Mass Effect with no issue. 

I can launch and have played ME2 on the single screen and with headphones reliably. And the first time I launched it with a duplicate screen through a HDMI cable it was fine, but since then it has been hit or miss as to whether the game launches with sound after the BioWare and EA splash screens.

I’ve set both the launcher, and the .exe itself to Win7 compatibility mode, launched the program from both the icon, and the .exe as administrator, and as a test launch for compatibility mode, replaced the HDMI cable, switched the port I was using and even simply launched it from Origin, but no one way is more reliable than any other, and it seems that I just have to keep launching the game over and over until there is sound after the splash screens. 

This is isn’t really a fix, so much as an issue into itself, because sometimes the game launches the first or second time, or like today, after 25+ attempted launches, it never had sound after the splash screens. 

So so in summary, my game has no way of reliably launching with sound (after the logos) only when playing  on a duplicate screen. 

Message 1 of 4 (478 Views)

@ltshep713

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (452 Views)

★ Novice

Here is the DxDiag text file. I hope it helps some.

Message 3 of 4 (444 Views)

@ltshep713

Interesting is, without being of much consequence, that the DxDiag seems to read your system model wrong.

This should be a Dell Inspiron 15R-5537 and not a 7537.

Regardless, please preform a clean boot and test the Game afterwards.

If that don't makes a difference:

When you move the output to the TV only, does that make a difference?

Did you tested different Windows sound settings?

Did you looked at Intel's advice for such cases? 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 4 (420 Views)