Re: (PC) Mass Effect 2 - Genesis DLC registration issue + black screen issue

by Holger1405

Original Post

(PC) Mass Effect 2 - Genesis DLC registration issue + black screen issue

★★ Novice

Hello,

I am currently facing to very specific problem. I bought Genesis DLC via Origin and I am not able to start new game since I installed DLC.

1. I have downloaded Genesis via Origin and properly installed it.

2. Upon clicking on game icon it was not able to run at all (I had to repair game via Origin right click menu)

3. Then game successfully started, I was able to "play" until Shepard's floating in space.

4. Then Genesis splash screen appeared for few seconds.

5. Right after Genesis splash screen vanished game turns in black screen with some ambient sound in backroung.

6. Since this point I am unable to do anything with game, even return to main menu via ESC button does not work. The only way how "kill" game is to use windows task manager.

I was curious what should be wrong so I tried to search a bit over the internet and I found it may be problem with registering game content on Bioware social network. So I opend the Bioware social network and found out that Genesis is not listed in my registered game content (which is really strange) because game itself shows that Genesis is available when I run game via Origin or when I log in to EA account directly in game menu.

I would really apreciate if anyone can help me to get it working (even without genesis) because now I can't start new game at all...

And at least one more information, I bought Genesis DLC also with Genesis 2 which is properly listed in my registered game content on Bioware social network.

Message 1 of 6 (2,853 Views)

★ Novice

had this problem with the game in  as well to get it to work I had to go in the game folder under Mass Effect 2\Binaries there a program call masseffect2config.exe run this then go to video turn off HQ bloom, Film Grain , Motion Blur ,Dynamic Shadows, Number of Cinematic light 3, Harmonic Lighting Off  Anisotropic Filtering off.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 is the video card I have 

Message 2 of 6 (1,703 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same issue right now, none of the steps advised in replies helped, not even turning every effect off...

Message 3 of 6 (1,379 Views)

@lostrisqueen

• The issue is exactly the same as described in the OP?
  • You play on a PC?
  • If so do you have the game installed with Steam or Origin?
  • Where did you buy the DLC?
  • You are not importing a ME1 character into ME2?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 6 (1,370 Views)

★★ Novice

Almost exactly, yes. I run the game fine, but the Genesis goes black and there's nothing I can do.

I play on PC, bought and installed with Origin, and I tried importing at first, but then read a thread saying I have to start a completely new game, so I've been doing that since. Even talked to EA help, no solution. Reinstalling the game atm, it was the last resort since I'll spend about 7 hours downloading it with my slow connection.

Any ideas to what more I can try, in case reinstallation doesn't fix it? (Kinda afraid it won't..)

Message 5 of 6 (1,362 Views)

[ Edited ]

@lostrisqueen

If it don't works after reinstallation, just post again, then we will try to find the culprit.

I will be here tomorrow, (pretty late where I am) as well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 6 (1,358 Views)