by S3R14LM4YH3M

Original Post

Re: [PC] Importing a save file from Mass Effect 1

★★ Novice
Thanks for the help dude!
Message 141 of 165 (2,890 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I own the Mass Effect Trilogy on PC for Origin. I played the trilogy back in 2015 and had no issue importing my save file last time using the config tool. Decided to play the series again over break and for some reason this tool isn't working (Whenver I open the game, despite having tried both paths, it still shows that no save files were found). I've also tried the method of creating an ME1 folder within the ME2/Save folder and simply moving the files, but to no avail. Only variable in effect here is that I purchased the DLC for the game, and am using the ALOT textures mod. Anyone know what the issue may be? I just really wanna play my damn game...

Message 142 of 165 (2,717 Views)

@Joev14 

Do you use "onedrive" and if so, did it changed the location of your standard "Documents" folder?

Did you tried to run the game and Origin as Administrator?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 143 of 165 (2,715 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Posting this just in case anyone in the future is searching for an answer to this issue.

I own a copy of the Mass Effect Trilogy on Origin and attempted to import my ME1 save using MassEffect2Config.exe and ended up with the same issue I have seen other users mention. The import was successful as it created the proper folder and copied the correct file, but when attempting to start ME2 it would sync to the cloud and then fail to launch.

The fix was extremely simple and did NOT require uninstalling or manually moving files. First you should follow the steps to import your ME1 save file using MassEffect2Config, and then simply view the game in My Library within Origin and then choose "Repair" in the Settings menu (in my version of Origin in April of 2019 this is a "gear" icon beneath the "Play" button). Once it is finished your game should run just fine and your save file will be available to import when starting a new game.

Message 144 of 165 (2,575 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Thanks much was confuzzeled and it worked swimingly

Message 145 of 165 (2,031 Views)

★ Novice

hey. i dont have any save file on my external memory hardwear or my computer. what should i do. and i have windows 10

Message 146 of 165 (1,849 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Houckto; I'm confused.  Even if you have the "Sync with cloud" option turned on, you should still have local saves.

Message 147 of 165 (1,809 Views)

★ Novice
@ThandalNLyman I dont save my filés There because there Isnt enof of memory. But i Think that my files have Bern saved on my comouter/ laptop instead of being saved on my external memory hardrive. But still When i foundation the filés it didnt work
Message 148 of 165 (1,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Houckto;  Where (on your laptop) have you looked?

The default path for ME1 saves on a Win10 PC is:
"C:\users\username\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Save"

[EDIT: For the saves to be anywhere else you would have had to specify the alternate location manually.]

Message 149 of 165 (1,766 Views)

★ Novice

Okay, I play all 3 ME games with mods and 4K textures so when I imported my ME1 save for ME2 and the game wouldn't launch I freaked. I just spent an ungodly amount of time downloading mods that are larger than the game itself and I wasn't about to uninstall/reinstall. First I tried launching the game through Origin to no avail. Then I launched the game by going to the install folder and double clicking ME2Game.exe and that worked but you can't launch from Origin that way. So I had a funny Idea, why not swap the file names of ME2Game.exe and MassEffect2.exe. Well whatt do you know, it worked ! After swapping file names I was able to launch from Origin. You will have to re-enter your email and password if you want the shadowbroker terminal to work. Hope this helps some people.

Message 150 of 165 (1,460 Views)