Re: [PC] Importing a save file from Mass Effect 1

by JazzGiraffe

Original Post

@McBabe12329

Did you changed the standard path of your Documents or my Documents folder in windows?  (which version of Windows do you run?)

Did you changed the standard  path to your Origin Games folder?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 91 of 165 (5,783 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm running Windows 10 64bit version, I've not changed the default dir. for any of the folders. Still saying to use the configuration utility to add a save game. 

Message 92 of 165 (5,771 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm running Windows 10 64bit version, I've not changed the default dir. for any of the folders. Still saying to use the configuration utility to add a save game.

Message 93 of 165 (5,773 Views)

★★ Novice
Oh wow I just figured it out why it wasn't working!

I was running ME2 as admin to have it work and I was putting the 'char' file in users->(me) -> my documents -> bioware -> mass effect 2 -> saves -> ME1 BUT because I was running it as an admin, Mass effect 2 was trying to find it at users->ADMIN -> my documents -> bioware -> mass effect 2 -> saves -> ME1

Once I realized this I put the char file under the admin users documents dir. and ran the game as admin and it showed up!
For those running the game as administrator this is why your game isn't showing up.
Hope this info helps someone else who has spent hours trying to get it to work.
Message 94 of 165 (5,766 Views)

★★ Novice
I downloaded the trilogy from origin but I put my games on a separate drive and when I go to copy my ME1 save I can't find the save folder...like it's not there....at all. I checked all the options I could think of but still can't find it but can load it in game,do you know what's going on?
Message 95 of 165 (5,716 Views)

★★ Novice
Have you tried searching your computer for the .masseffectsave file?
Message 96 of 165 (5,713 Views)

Hi @RUNTHRUKILLA

@McBabe12329suggestion should work, additional the standard path is "C:\Users\>your user name<\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Save". (or "my documents" in XP) If you changed your Windows standard "Documents" folder the saves are under ">drive<:\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Save".

If you cant find the saves in your "Documents" folder, look for a "Save" folder under  ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect" 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 97 of 165 (5,710 Views)

★★ Novice
@Holger1405
Was that in response to my comment about me figuring out what was wrong or in response to me asking runthrukilla about if they've tried searching for the actual save file?
Message 98 of 165 (5,702 Views)

@McBabe12329 It was a response to runthrukilla.

Message 99 of 165 (5,698 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

How did you solve your problem? I can't find the configure function or figure out how to import my Mass Effect 1 file onto Mass Effect 2

Message 100 of 165 (5,633 Views)