Re: [PC] Importing a save file from Mass Effect 1

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

★★ Novice

Edit

It works finally, Just had to re-try all of the steps again. Thank you Fred! Standard smile 

Message 51 of 165 (6,586 Views)

★★★ Newbie

when i open the binaries folder there is nothing in the folder

Message 52 of 165 (6,584 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found two Binaries folders on my computer, one under the My Documents > Bioware > Mass Effect

and then another under Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > Mass Effect

If you don't find the files in one, try the other.

Message 53 of 165 (6,520 Views)

★ Novice

i't simple after the game stops working don't reinstall or nothing like youre told just change the desktops shortcut from pointing at me2game.exe from pointing at masseffect2.exe. game should launch just fine

Message 54 of 165 (6,459 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ooh my god thank you i've been trying for ages and this worked your a life saver

Message 55 of 165 (6,349 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I usually go through repair file on Origin to get ME2 to run/launch. I never had problems importing characters through configuration in the launcher but I am now.

Message 56 of 165 (6,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I'm trying to find the folder that houses my ME1 saves in the Origin Games folder and there is nothing there. I assume this might be because Origin itself has the saves stashed in the Cloud now since I can access them fine through the game itself. But this also means that I can't import them properly through the traditional channels. Has anybody else had this problem?

Message 57 of 165 (6,252 Views)

Hero

@db3789 wrote:

So I'm trying to find the folder that houses my ME1 saves in the Origin Games folder and there is nothing there. I assume this might be because Origin itself has the saves stashed in the Cloud now since I can access them fine through the game itself. But this also means that I can't import them properly through the traditional channels. Has anybody else had this problem?

You're looking in the wrong folder. To quote myself:

@Fred_vdp wrote:

You then have to locate the folder with ME1 saves. By default, this is Documents - BioWare - Mass Effect - Save.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 58 of 165 (6,247 Views)

★ Novice

I still can't get my ME1 character to import to ME2. I went to configure, save games, 'copy mass effect 1 save games', locate my character in 'my documents' and then try a new game and nothing happens. It still says that there are no ME 1 characters available. I've also tried to manually copy a specific character from the ME1 'save' folder to the ME 2 'save' folder but there is NO 'save' folder under ME2 even though I have played the game many times before. Any ideas? The crazy thing is, I've imported ME1 characters through the configure untility before and it worked. Now it doesn't. 

Message 59 of 165 (6,226 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks Mister, i did exactly what you have written and it works, My gratitude! :catvery-happy:

Message 60 of 165 (6,194 Views)