Re: [PC] Importing a save file from Mass Effect 1

by Gravekeeper20

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Completed ME1 on Steam.

Have ME2 Deluxe Edition via Origins, and it plays perfectly with new characters.

However, the ME2 Configuration Utility does not exist. It's not the Origin Games Folder (the only thing that's there is the appropriate Mass Effect 3 folder).

?

Message 31 of 165 (12,523 Views)

Hero

@derets wrote:

Completed ME1 on Steam.

Have ME2 Deluxe Edition via Origins, and it plays perfectly with new characters.

However, the ME2 Configuration Utility does not exist. It's not the Origin Games Folder (the only thing that's there is the appropriate Mass Effect 3 folder).

?

Do you have more than one Origin folder? Open your Origin preferences and see what the default installation folder is.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 32 of 165 (12,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OK Here is my situation:

Finished ME1

Used the Config utility... nothing happened

Manually moved my ME1 saves to my ME2 Save folder and to ME2 Binaries and nothing happened there either, can anyone help me?

Message 33 of 165 (12,452 Views)
Highlighted

Message 34 of 165 (12,393 Views)

★ Novice

Hi All,

I have a problem which seems to be related with import. I bought ME2 on disc a few years ago and added it to origin later. Yesterday I bought DLCs containing Genesis. I've installed everything and started to play. I do the import process with config utility and in new game it find the save from ME1. I started with that save and played the prologue, but after that Genesis starting with it's blue cover. But after that I have black screen with two images flowing from left to right. After that the conversation ring appears on the bottom without any options. And this is where I cannot go through.

- Genesis should be skipped because I imported ME1 character.

- if it plays Genesis, it should be working well.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks,

robertsoron

Message 35 of 165 (11,913 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you

Message 36 of 165 (11,813 Views)

★★ Novice

I can only figure out how to get to the binaries folder through document (which you said is wrong), but how do I get to the right binaries folder or how to I find the installation folder???

Message 37 of 165 (11,646 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ELLOitsGABY wrote:

I can only figure out how to get to the binaries folder through document (which you said is wrong), but how do I get to the right binaries folder or how to I find the installation folder???

Here are the default folders.

Origin

Program Files* - Origin Games - Mass Effect 2 - Binaries

Steam

Program Files* - Steam - steamapps - common - Mass Effect 2 - Binaries

Disk

Program Files* - Mass Effect 2 - Binaries

*Program Files (x86) if you have a 64-bit operating system.

Message 38 of 165 (11,642 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what do i do if my "origin games"folder is empty? ...I have read everything but there is no resolve into finding the configring utility for me to import me1 save to me2. I bought the triliogy disck set. any ideas? And thanks so much in advnace.

Message 39 of 165 (11,536 Views)

Hero

@macross_1012 wrote:

what do i do if my "origin games"folder is empty? ...I have read everything but there is no resolve into finding the configring utility for me to import me1 save to me2. I bought the triliogy disck set. any ideas? And thanks so much in advnace.

Then clearly your installation folder isn't in the Origin Games folder. To find the installation folder, right click the Mass Effect 2 shortcut (if you have one) and select 'open file location'. If you're sure you installed it through Origin, then perhaps you have a second Origin Games folder. Check your preferences in Origin to see where your games are installed.

Message 40 of 165 (11,533 Views)