Re: [PC] Importing a save file from Mass Effect 1

by cblsf

Original Post

★★ Novice

Ah, thank you for that. After a while of searching, it turns out I had the install folder saved on an external device. Once I discovered that, it was easy to find the install folders and the configuration utility. I was easily able to import my save after that.

Message 21 of 165 (16,904 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello!  I'm using a hungarian version of Mass Effect 2. My question is that will be the savegame from that compatible with my Mass effect 3 which i have in the trilogy box?

Message 22 of 165 (16,756 Views)

Hero

@cblsf wrote:

Hello!  I'm using a hungarian version of Mass Effect 2. My question is that will be the savegame from that compatible with my Mass effect 3 which i have in the trilogy box?

This should work, yes.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 23 of 165 (16,727 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought the trilogy via Steam during the end of year sale.

I have completed ME1. 

I located and ran the utility via the instructions given in the original post. The saves folder in ME2 did show an ME1 save, so the utility worked. But now the game will not run, wherever I launch it from. It worked before I used the utility, as I only remembered to port the ME1 save when I couldn't find my character in game. But now, after using the utility, the game doesn't launch. Checked background processes too - nothing.

I have uninstalled and redownloaded + installed the game as well as all the DLC. It still will not launch. What is up with this? I have not found anyone on Steam with this issue.

Message 24 of 165 (16,621 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello! Manually copiing the save worked perfectly THANK YOU!

Another pressing matter to me:I have the trilogy version bought it in Hungary.The Mass Effect 2 is automatically downloaded in a hungarian version.Which isnt a huge problem considering im hungarian-except that in Hungary some of th DLC-s isnt avalaible(Lair of the ShadowBroker f.e.) as far as i know.Even so in the origin i have the option to download all of them.

So my question is:If i download this DLC-s via Origin to the game which is Downloaded via Origin too-though hungarian-will they work?

p.s: (personal opinion)I'd like to play an english version much better-some of the translation is extremely annoying for example idk why the hell they needed to translate the names??!!!nvm just wantet to note

Message 25 of 165 (16,614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i downloaded the trilogy pack that i bought from gamestop.com and run through orign. i have no idea abuot anything computers, so could u please go step by step in dumby language how i can find the configuration utility please?

Message 26 of 165 (16,601 Views)

Hero

@acheron68 wrote:

i downloaded the trilogy pack that i bought from gamestop.com and run through orign. i have no idea abuot anything computers, so could u please go step by step in dumby language how i can find the configuration utility please?

@I can't state it more clearly than I did in the original post. This is what I wrote:

If you installed the game through Origin, the configuration utility should be located here: Program Files* - Origin Games - Mass Effect 2 - Binaries - MassEffect2Config

(* Program Files x86 on a 64-bit OS)

Message 27 of 165 (16,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just did everything as you sad, and I have got the same problem now; I tried to launch the game but it doesn't start, I also tried it in offline mode, still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Thx!

Message 28 of 165 (16,509 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did the same thing too and I now can't get ME2 to start either.

I thought I would give EA a chance to make it right, but instead their dumb chat rep denied knowledge of the problem, which is the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard. With a game series as hugely popular as Mass Effect, you CAN'T tell me they haven't been contacted about this issue before...

Now I see why everyone hates EA

Message 29 of 165 (16,463 Views)

Hero

@DakKris wrote:

I did the same thing too and I now can't get ME2 to start either.

I thought I would give EA a chance to make it right, but instead their dumb chat rep denied knowledge of the problem, which is the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard. With a game series as hugely popular as Mass Effect, you CAN'T tell me they haven't been contacted about this issue before...

Now I see why everyone hates EA

You have to understand that the people doing these live chats are probably working for little pay and have to be able to deal with problems from all games in the EA catalogue. The problem you have is pretty rare and doesn't have a known solution, so it's natural they can't help you with that.

Message 30 of 165 (16,441 Views)