Re: [PC] Importing a save file from Mass Effect 1

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

still wont show up, iv been trying for 3 hours now and it wont work. i bought the triligy pack throuh origin.

Message 11 of 165 (28,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here T-T

Message 12 of 165 (28,087 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In the same binaries folder as the config utility is the game exe open the game using that and the game fires right up even if it refuses to open within origin as mine is doing

Message 13 of 165 (27,996 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

When I launch ME2 through Origin, I never see a configure option to click.

Never mind, I figured it out, thanks

Message 14 of 165 (27,950 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I  can't find the configure optinon when I launch the game either through origin or on my desktop. Where is it?

Message 15 of 165 (27,908 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Based on what I read here, they changed the Origin launcher so it no longer opens the splash screen from which the configuration utility can be accessed.

You can still find it manually by following the steps I described in the original post. The executable is in the Binaries folder within the ME2 installation folder. There is a binaries folder in Documents as well, but that's the wrong folder.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 16 of 165 (27,901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I ran the configuration utility and now ME2 won't run. So use with caution.

Message 17 of 165 (27,611 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When I go to open Program Files (x86) > Origin Games, the folder is quite literally empty. I can easily start ME2 through Origin, but the folder you said to look in doesn't exist for me.

This issue is causing me quite the headache.

Message 18 of 165 (27,589 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@stoxin1 wrote:

When I go to open Program Files (x86) > Origin Games, the folder is quite literally empty. I can easily start ME2 through Origin, but the folder you said to look in doesn't exist for me.

This issue is causing me quite the headache.

That folder was just an example of a possible installation folder. If you didn't install Mass Effect 2 through Origin, then it will be somewhere else. For instance Program Files (x86) - Mass Effect 2 - Binaries. If you installed it through Steam, it will be in the Steamapps folder.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 19 of 165 (27,564 Views)

★★ Novice

Mate... Thank you so much! This Old, computer illiterate bloke has just imported all his ME1 characters into ME2. Can't tell you what a relief it was not to have lost all that game time! The wife is now definite about an intervention!

Thanks once again... Now off to shoot...!

Scotty.

Message 20 of 165 (27,475 Views)