Message 22 of 143 (2,440 Views)

Re: Origin Redownloading ME2 DLC

★★ Novice

same here. any fix?

Message 23 of 143 (2,409 Views)

★ Apprentice

sundance31us,

Steam installs games in its own folder and Origin games install where you want. Origin finds the game whereever it is, even if you installed it through Steam. 

However, that is completely irrelevant to the problem everyone has.The problem is that ORIGIN downloads ME2 dlc that you already have installed when you start up ORIGIN -to play something else- than ME2. The problem is NOT that people can't get dlc: they already have the dlc installed through other means.

Message 24 of 143 (2,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Well at least I'm not the only one with this issue. Steps taken so far:

Cancel the download which doesn't prevent them from starting again.

Pause them which just irritates me as it prevents me from knowing when an actual game DOES update itself. Prefer to know this as I don't always follow said games status updates.

Let them complete and try to install. No response from them after this point. Also when I start Origin up again it wants to re-download them all over...

Complete re-download and re-install ME2 which doesn't bother solving them problem and the only way to get the DLC re-installed if from the files you get from your profile page on social.bioware.com

Now this problem is still on going and seems that only a few people have bothered to make a note of it on here. At this rate its made up my mind on keeping ME2 installed anyway. I was keeping it around on the chance I wanted to play it again but truthfully after putting in multiple play throughs and a ton of time it doesn't have any draw for me anymore. That and the way that the ME3 stores RNG screws me constantly, the fact that EAWare seems to let kindergarten classes do the math for the powers and what not in multiplayer and the fact that the new achievement system doesn't give back credit for what you have done from release )that last one pisses me off because you know they have kept track of things like this as it were) has been enough to irritate me to no end.

I am curious to see how this ends up being resolved though. Good luck to getting it resolved the rest of you.

Edited because apparently the EA forums ignore line breaks.....

Message 25 of 143 (2,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue, before they start telling us to unistall and reinstall, i have already done that to the correct Origin Games folder.

1). The choose language bug got fixed for me after I chose English(us) in the settings, and checked Beta version. 1/1

2). When I go to info it says Download/Install on some dlc and doesn't do anything. 1/1

3). Manually downloaded the dlc again from the bioware website and the game is running fine now thru the Origin Client. 1/1

I have a ticket open with support in the hope this speeds up the process, and put a link to the this forum post.

Message 26 of 143 (2,360 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I uninstalled the game, installed it again through origin and downloaded the DLC. It still redownloads every time I launch Origin.

I tried downloading some of the smaller DLC and install it; but when I click the install button, it does nothing.

Edit: After restarting Origin, it seems like the downloaded DLC won't download again. They all have a download button which doesn't work, but there's no install button either. I'll check to see if the game itself recognizes the DLC.

Edit 2: It only fails to recognize the Cerberus Network DLC, which is normal, because I have to download that from the site. Interestingly enough it does recognize Overlord and Kasumi, which are downloading right now. Annoying. Glad I don't have a bandwidth limit.

Edit 3: I think today's downloading was actually the installation labelled incorrectly. Either that, or I'm downloading at very high speed.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 27 of 143 (2,343 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem. It's very annoying.

Message 28 of 143 (2,256 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi am having the same issue.

Thus far, I have:

Uninstalled and reinstalled Origin

Uninstalled and reinstalled ME2

Cleared the downloaded installers in Origin (per a thus far worthless chat with the Origin Live Chat)

Canceled the downloads.

So far, no joy. One thing I'm trying now is to manually delete the DLC files, and redownload them through the BSN (again per the live chat). I'm waiting to see if that works.... I doubt it will, but....

Message 29 of 143 (2,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same problems - redownloading DLCs and missing content.

Version 9.1.1.2593 - 202427 Beta.

Message 30 of 143 (2,202 Views)