Origin Redownloading ME2 DLC

by Copperwings

Original Post

Re: Origin Redownloading ME2 DLC

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Heya toxicdonkey,

Can you please confirm that you have selected "Show: All Games"? If so, please change it to "Hidden Games"  and check if you can see the game there.

If you cannot, please get back to us.

Heya Vlamm,

Unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to these emails individually. That said, we are very thankful for your assistance that has indeeded helped us greatly in finding a solution. We are glad to see the confirmation that the issue is now resolved for you.

Have fun playing the game again!

Message 101 of 143 (2,100 Views)

★★ Novice

I selected "Show: All Games, Played this week, fav, download, installed, non origin" but cannot find it.

here is the screenshot: http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q672/TKMaran/cnc3-after.jpg

Proof it is showing before update: http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q672/TKMaran/cnc3.jpg

Message 102 of 143 (2,095 Views)

Community Manager

Hi toxicdonkey,

Can you check again now whether C&C 3 is now working? You might have to re-start the Origin client.

Thank you in advance!

Message 103 of 143 (2,036 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks. Now it is working.

Message 104 of 143 (2,023 Views)

★ Novice

Seems to be working fine now. When I opened Origin, the 9.1.3 patch downloaded automatically, and the DLC download notices never came up. I've also clicked the "update to beta version" option as suggested, and thus far, everything seems to be working fine. Unless it's stealthy re-downloading the DLC without my knowledge, I think the problem is solved. Thanks for all your help!

Message 105 of 143 (2,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@vlammenzee

I only found out about this thread AFTER I have posted the thread. On my end, I can only see Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, FIFA, etc., The mass effect 2 thread is dug deep within the system. I had to post here because the EA help is not responding for quite some time. And I thought I'm the only one having problems.

The new Origin update removed the option of having DLCs downloaded through Origin. The option to download still exists, Downloading DLCs are a lot more difficult than what it was before. Before, you could right click the game and click 'shop for more add-ons'. Now, you have to right click the unobvious 'Show Game Details' to see the option in downloading DLCs.

I thought the DLC download directly through Origin was a good idea until this happened.

Message 106 of 143 (2,007 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, Im from Argentina, so I want you please to excuse me for my bad English, but I'm having the same issue with ME2 DLCs and their language pops ups too, even after I've been trying the solution posted here by eanis, I already had checked both "Update to the beta version if available" and "Update Origin automatically" and the Origin client updated itself to Version 9.1.3.2636 - 203945, but the ME2 DLCs keeps coming up every time I open up Origin. I disabled both items and tried restarting the client, but the problem stills there, even after re-checking the items of the beta and the Origin client.

Fortunately for me, I'm not been experiencing any other problem regarding any other EA game (not even ME3, I did get to buy and download the last Omega DLC with no problem) but no matter how many times I check enabling and/or disabling the update for the Origin client to Beta, or the auto update in the options menu, the problem with the language windows of ME2 DLC still coming up. =\

Thanks in advance for any solutions that could possibly work for this issue!

Message 107 of 143 (2,001 Views)

★★ Novice

@eanils wrote:

Heya everyone,

We would like to ask you all to opt-in for Origin beta updates and install the latest (9.1.3) update. In order to do so, please follow these steps:

1. Open Origin

2. Click on Origin > Application Settings

3. Select the "General" tab and scroll to the bottom

4. Under "Origin Beta Participation", please check "Update to the beta version if available".

5. Confirm the selection by clicking on "Done"

6. Exit Origin

7. Open Origin again and wait for the client update to progress.

Afterwards, please fire up Mass Effect 2 again and let us know if this resolves your issue with the DLC.

Thank you very much in advance!

Note: I have marked this post as solution to increase visibility for the update. However, should you still be experiencing issues afterwards, please do not hesitate to make us aware.

I acknowledge that this does work and if you were directly invovled in solving this thanks alot. I went threw 4 customer service reps that had nothing for me. Might I add if you can cosmeticly reflect that these chages are in effect in origin. A game in Origin will let me know what DLC is installed. Not the case for ME1 or 2. The game it self doesn't tell you what is or isn't istalled and you can't confirm until you get to the Normandy and depending on how you play, a first timer will never even know if its installed or not. Lots of people look at the Configuration Utility since that shows waht DLC is registered, but mines shows nothing even though everything is installed.

Another way to confirm if your story DLC is installed is if you check your achievements unders extra, since those DLC provide additional achivements.

Thanks again Nils

Message 108 of 143 (1,979 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

groundz84 wrote:

Hello, Im from Argentina, so I want you please to excuse me for my bad English, but I'm having the same issue with ME2 DLCs and their language pops ups too, even after I've been trying the solution posted here by eanils, I already had checked both "Update to the beta version if available" and "Update Origin automatically" and the Origin client updated itself to Version 9.1.3.2636 - 203945, but the ME2 DLCs keeps coming up every time I open up Origin. I disabled both items and tried restarting the client, but the problem stills there, even after re-checking the items of the beta and the Origin client.

Fortunately for me, I'm not been experiencing any other problem regarding any other EA game (not even ME3, I did get to buy and download the last Omega DLC with no problem) but no matter how many times I check enabling and/or disabling the update for the Origin client to Beta, or the auto update in the options menu, the problem with the language windows of ME2 DLC still coming up. =\

Thanks in advance for any solutions that could possibly work for this issue!

There is a solution to your problem which can be solved by forcing a new beta update.

1). You say you have beta enabled already, disable beta & keep my games up to date.

2). Log out Origin and completely close Origin, restart Origin now and cancel ''Choose Language'' if it pop ups.

3). Enable Beta + keep my games up to date, and logout and close Origin again.

4). When you restart now and it pop ups the ''Choose Language'' accept that for every window, it will prob download or maybe only check Dlc.

5). Next time you start Origin the problem should be gone, atleast that's what it did for me.

Message 109 of 143 (1,958 Views)

Hero

I confirm the issue is now fixed.

But could you please include the Cerberus Network DLC in Origin? It seems a bit inconvenient to have to use two different online sources to get all your registered DLC.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 110 of 143 (1,947 Views)