Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Origin Redownloading ME2 DLC

by EA_Nils

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
I have this problem also. Drives me nuts when I start Origin. If it helps my copy of ME2 isn't even bought through Origin. I bought it through a different well known PC Digital Download service that rhymes with cream. Standard smile
Message 91 of 143 (11,815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@starbugvindalo wrote:
I have this problem also. Drives me nuts when I start Origin. If it helps my copy of ME2 isn't even bought through Origin. I bought it through a different well known PC Digital Download service that rhymes with cream. Standard smile

Same here.  Hope your ISP is being nice to you about all that extra bandwidth being used Confusedmileysad:

Message 92 of 143 (11,772 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA Is there any ETA for this issue?

I noticed that Origin has stopped to downloading all DLCs on startup, however when I click download button, nothing happens. So at first it was trying to download everything, now it is doing totally opposite thing... Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 93 of 143 (11,818 Views)

Community Manager

Heya all,

Thanks again for all your help so far. The issue is still being investigated, unfortunately we do not have an ETA at this time.

That said, as soon as we have more information, we will update you right away.

Thank you very much for your on-going patience.

Message 94 of 143 (11,800 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC on Origin. Auto-fails download and installation

★★★★ Novice

this issue is soooo old (check other threads).... could you address it at last??

at least give an ETA or any hint that you want to enable your customers to play Mass Effect 2 with DLCs..

as i remember you accepted our money for your DLCs....

Thanks,

Regards,

Janos

Message 95 of 143 (11,648 Views)

★★★★ Novice

any workaround how to play Mass Effect 2 till then?

Thanks....

Message 96 of 143 (11,777 Views)

Hero

I sent my logs to the email adress I received in PM. I'd like to make the same suggestions here that I also emailed:

1. Give us an option to not let Origin automatically download DLC. The option to keep games up to date does not cover DLC, apparently.

2. Don't make Origin a requirement to run certain games, like battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3. It's horrible software and adds nothing positive to the gaming experience.

I don't work for EA.

Message 97 of 143 (11,759 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Heya everyone,

We would like to ask you all to opt-in for Origin beta updates and install the latest (9.1.3) update. In order to do so, please follow these steps:

1. Open Origin

2. Click on Origin > Application Settings

3. Select the "General" tab and scroll to the bottom

4. Under "Origin Beta Participation", please check "Update to the beta version if available".

5. Confirm the selection by clicking on "Done"

6. Exit Origin

7. Open Origin again and wait for the client update to progress.

Afterwards, please fire up Mass Effect 2 again and let us know if this resolves your issue with the DLC.

Thank you very much in advance!

Note: I have marked this post as solution to increase visibility for the update. However, should you still be experiencing issues afterwards, please do not hesitate to make us aware.

Message 98 of 143 (14,682 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After updating, mass effect 2 dlc issue was solved. But now C&C 3 (which I bought on Origin) is not showing.

Message 99 of 143 (11,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I would like to thank  for keeping us up to date in this thread/sending messages, as the issue is fixed for me now, disabled beta and relogd and enabled it again, then accepted the last 4 downloads that kept being forced by ''Choose Language'', I'm glad the information I have forwarded here and via e-mail has helped into getting a solution for the issue we all had Confusedmileyhappy:.

Ps: will I still receive a e-mail regarding the logs I've forwarded ?

Greetz Vlamm.

Message 100 of 143 (11,718 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help