Need Info from players. (ME2 crashing/not starting after importing ME1 save)

by biowareqa

Original Post

Re: Need Info from players. (ME2 crashing/not starting after importing ME1 save)

★★★ Novice

How do i get to the Config thingy

Message 11 of 102 (4,035 Views)

Re: Need Info from players. (ME2 crashing/not starting after importing ME1 save)

★★★★ Apprentice

Go into the installation directory, into the BINARIES folder....find the config exe, run it

Message 12 of 102 (4,030 Views)

★★★ Novice

ok Ty however i have another problem i run it and ME2 wont start How do i fix that?

Message 13 of 102 (4,027 Views)

★★★★ Novice

this is what the topic is all about. we told you not to use the config thing, because me2 won't start.

only option is to reinstall the game and DON'T TOUCH THE CONFIG THING

Message 14 of 102 (4,022 Views)

★ Novice

i have the ME trilogy (retail version) for pc

my os is windows 7 32 bit

i played ME1 with no problems whatsoever.  when i tried importing my ME1 save to ME2 though, ME2 acted like there was nothing to import.  i had to create a new folder in my ME2 save directory and copy and paste my ME1 save.  after that, i successfully imported my ME1 save and i had no problems (started playing ME2 just a couple of days ago) until this morning, when for some reason, i could no longer launch ME2.  after opening up origins, as usual, and clicking 'play', nothing happens.  however, i can still play ME1 and ME3 with no problems.

Message 15 of 102 (4,018 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem.

ME1 and 2 are both from trilogy. Playing on PC. OS is Windows 7.

The problem only began when I used the config utility to change some graphics settings and import a character. Before that, ME2 launched just fine.

Message 16 of 102 (4,013 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I might have found a workaround.

If you got this error, reinstall the game and all the dlcs. Once you installed them, DO NOT use the configurator.exe

Copy the savefile you want from your mass effect 1 SAVES folder (under user/documents directory) and copy it in the folder ME1 inside the subfolder SAVES of the folder ME2 (in that same directory).

It seems it works for me. Hope this will help

Message 17 of 102 (4,007 Views)

★★★ Novice

where are the Save files i look for them and i cant find them

Message 18 of 102 (4,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

C(or whatever its called)->YOURNAME>Documents>Bioware>Mass Effect 1>Saves

Message 19 of 102 (3,997 Views)

★★★ Novice

i play via Orgin does that make a diffrence?

Message 20 of 102 (3,993 Views)