Re: Need Info from players. (ME2 crashing/not starting after importing ME1 save)

by Kygosi

Original Post

Re: Need Info from players. (ME2 crashing/not starting after importing ME1 save)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem, but as far as I can tell I didn't even import the ME1 saves into ME2 yet.

Both games from trilogy.

Playing on PC.

Using Win7

Message 51 of 102 (1,991 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

I have been having issues with transferring my ME1 data to ME2 on ps3.  ME1 was downloaded from the PSN store and  ME2 is on the disc.  I have downloaded the recent 1.04 patch and on the main menu when I select the option to import ME1 character, no data shows up.  I have deleted and reinstall the the ME2 patch and the game installation data with no different results.  Both ME1 and ME2 was purchased at NA. 

Message 52 of 102 (1,983 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I sucessfully imported onecharacter from ME1 to ME2 and completed my first playthrough and then imported my second character (a few weeks later) and had nearly completed my second playthrough when the game stopped opening.  When I click play, it will sync the local data with the cloud data but will then fail to launch.  (Origin also records that I "played" the game when I've tried to open it.)  I also successfully loaded my character from ME1 and ME2 to ME3.

I have updated my Origin account to the Beta version and downloaded the new version of the client.  I also deleted the game and re-downloaded it through the Origin client and it still will not open.

1.  I am running ME1 and ME2 from the Mass Effect Trilogy.

2.  I'm playing it on a PC running Windows 7.

Thanks.

Message 53 of 102 (1,979 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PS3 version

Downloaded ME1 from the Playstation Store, had ME2 disc version previously installed and functioning.

After trying ME2 after downloading ME1 and the ME2 1.04 patch, ME2 now becomes non-responsive at the main menu:  the "Resume" "New Game" "Load Game" buttons all appear, but I can't select anything.  The system doesn't crash, I can still exit to the PS menu, but I can't do anything in the game itself.

Message 54 of 102 (1,940 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having this issue as well on an Win7 64bit PC.  This is from the Trilogy.  ME works fine, ME2 loaded once, but when I used the config tool to import my save from ME, I now get "awc.dll load failed" msg when I try to load ME2.

Message 55 of 102 (1,930 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Update to my previous post: I found that I could get the game to work by disconnecting my PS3 from the Playstation Network, so whatever problem I'm having seems to be due to problems logging the game in with the Cerberus Network.

Message 56 of 102 (1,925 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Add my name to the same problems experienced in this thread.  Any news of fixes - or just reinstall and stay away from the config file?

Message 57 of 102 (1,912 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have been having similar problems to the ones described here. After completeing Mass Effect and using the configure utility to attempt to transfer my saved data Mass Effect 2 no longers opens at all. I am now attempting my third reinstall after deleting all Mass Effect 2 folders from both the documents and C: drive.

• Is ME1 and 2 from Trilogy? Yes it is from the Mass Effect Trilogy
  • What system are you playing on? PC
  • (If PC) What OS are you using? Windows 7 64bit
Message 58 of 102 (1,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exactly the same thing happened to me.

Both ME1 and ME2 are from the Trilogy.

I'm running on WinXP with the latest updates, SP3 then I guess.

There's no way I'm downloading the game again on my slow 3G connection... The reason I downloaded in the first place is that there is a scratch on the second DVD for some reason, I think I must have dropped it before installing or something...

So I guess I'll just have to wait for an fix. Argh, I just wasted three hours of a perfectly good sunday evening trying to fix this...

Message 59 of 102 (1,893 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I downloaded the trilogy recently, I'm playing on windows 7 ultimate, I try to open Mass effect 2 and nothing happens after the "online sync" message. The least you guys can do is to send an email notification with a fix.

Message 60 of 102 (1,887 Views)