Re: Need Info from players. (ME2 crashing/not starting after importing ME1 save)

by AdamBast

Original Post

Re: Need Info from players. (ME2 crashing/not starting after importing ME1 save)

★★★ Newbie

I got the mass effect trilogy on origin for christmas.  ME1 ran well except for a black pixel problem on peak 15 and Ilos.  I started Mass Effect 2 tried to import my character and it told me to run the utility configuration and hasnt started since.  I am on PC windows 7 64 bit. 

Message 31 of 102 (2,192 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@kbob58: only the char_ file as ia said here

@cubiclelarry: only way is to reinstall the game and manually copy the savefile. don't wait for a solution other than this because we're far from a solution and if you wait you'll never play the game. reinstall now and enjoy the game. and avoid the config utility.

Message 32 of 102 (2,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It was weird, I uninstalled and redownloaded ME2 and then when I went to paste my me1 save into the ME2 subfolder , the save game was already there.  The only thing I can figure is that the second time I dowloaded ME2 i had finished ME1.  The first time i dowloaded the games consecutively and then started playing ME1.  Not sure if that made a difference but it worked, I didnt have to manually copy and paste the save games.  Glad it is working

Message 33 of 102 (2,180 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks.

I did reinstall ME 2 of the Trilogy version and decided to add most of the Add-ons. Looking forward to playing a great game.

Message 34 of 102 (2,166 Views)

★★ Novice

I recently installed the trilogy and have played through Mass Effect 1 without issue.

Same problems as described with Mass Effect 2, I try and open the game (either directly through origin or through the start menu) and Origin opens, sync's to cloud then pauses for a momen before syncing again (as if I had opened the game and closed it - but the game will not run).

I am playing on a PC

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Origin Version 9.1.3.2636 - 203945

Message 35 of 102 (2,155 Views)

★★ Novice

Just an update - I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling ME2 to no avail, the game still will not start.

Any other things worth trying?

Message 36 of 102 (2,147 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@steaky360: I'd  delete the mass efffect 2 folder in "c:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2" after uninstalling. And only after this, try reinstalling.

Message 37 of 102 (2,137 Views)

★★ Novice

@ adambast : Thank you for the advice, I tried your suggestion this morning but unfortunately the game still refuses to load.

Message 38 of 102 (2,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

From Trilogy

HP h9-1020a (Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz, 16Gb DDR3, 2TB HDD (partitioned))

ATI HD6850 with 8950 Mb total graphics memory (1024Mb + 7926Mb shared)

Running Windows 7 64 bit with SP1

DirectX 10

Problem began only after importing ME1 save file using ME2 Config utility

Message 39 of 102 (2,124 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I purchased Mass effect trilogy when it was on sale.

I play with game platform Origin.

And the problem is that when I click play any of those games, some times they crash.

I got 1 and 3 to work, so I finished the game, but I cannot simply open mass effect 2.

I play with Samsung, Window 7 home premium K Service Pack 1

Processer: inter (R) core (TM) i5-2410M CPU@ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz

ram: 4gb

64 bits.

SO, when I press play, I don't even see black screen when normal games or loading, the screen stays the same, then the syncing cloud or something like that, which appears when I quit mass effect 1 or 3.

IM not sure what OS means....

Message 40 of 102 (2,124 Views)