Missing DLC - Mass Effect 2

by 080844

Original Post

Missing DLC - Mass Effect 2

★ Apprentice

Today I wanted to play Mass Effect 2, after years, again. What I found was that Origin has messed up with my account. I did buy the Collectors Edition in 2010, physical copy with discs, it is right in front of me as I write this. That was was before Origin, you used the Bioware website to activate and buy DLC. I did buy every last DLC when it became availlable, using the Bioware website and Bioware points (that you had to spend real money for).

Now Origin told me today I own the basic game, Normandy crash site, Zaeed and some bonus stuff (armour / weapons - You need an extra code for them, that one was in the CE included and already active!!!). I could upgrade the basic game to the CE with the CE-code from my CE box. But bonus things-code did not work, since this stuff was already active. Interesting, isn't it. 1 out of 2 was active, how is this possible? I did never buy the basic game, how did I get this basic game activated in Origin? Remember that the ME2 CE-code was still" fresh". Bit Origin din't mess up the Bioware data, nooooooooooooo.

Then I did call the "Help" number. I think he didn't realy understand what I was trying to tell him, in the end: "No we can't help, you can't prove that you did buy the DLC in 2010 / 2011, you have no "emails to prove it" (yes, I keep such emails, after a decade, for a website that is offline for years now!), so please spend 25€ to buy the DLC again from us.

OK EA (I don't mean the "Help"-guy), I have 2 old PCs (yes I keep them) that say otherwise, with ME2 installed and all DLC included, I did play everything and unlocked the DLC-achievements. How is this possible, when I "didn't buy them"? 

You messed your * up when you closed the Bioware website and transfered customer data and I'm the one to pay you, again, for what I own already? What do you think you are, the Mafia? And you want to sell the "Remastered Edition", where you remove Mirandas *? Not to me, find somebody else to give your wicked company money. 

Message 1 of 4 (681 Views)

Betreff: Missing DLC - Mass Effect 2

★ Apprentice

I have found all the rar-files that you got from Bioware, when you had bought the DLC, there is no code included and as far as I remember there never was a code in the first place. But the customer service from Origin wanted such DLC-codes from me, these guys know nothing ... I could unpack everything and it did install every DLC, but they do not run, I had to log into my EA account, Cerberus network and that means it is checking Origin and Origin doesn't know that I legally own all DLC, so none are working that Origins claims I need to buy. Wonderfully done EA. 

Buy the way. I installed from disc and had to run it with a disc in my drive, so it could check that i'm the owner, like in the old days. After leaving ME2 for the first time it started to check the data with Origin and even removed the ME2.exe that I had to click to run the game. Now it can only be started via Origin. Somehow I feel like Lando did, because this deal is getting better and better, like his with Vader. 

Message 2 of 4 (661 Views)

★ Apprentice

OK one mystery solved. The normale ME2 edition was probably a free give away from EA in 2016.

Message 3 of 4 (656 Views)

@080844 

There was indeed a free give away from of ME2 in 2016. Do you have the a second copy of ME2 in your game library?

If not the most likely explanation is that the CD version is registered to a different account.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 4 (650 Views)