Re: Mass effect 2 suddenly won't launch

by autumnmelody

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass effect 2 suddenly won't launch

★★★ Newbie
I've been playing mass effect 2 for several years and have never had any issues with the game until now. I had been playing the game with no problem for the past couple of days and now the game simply refuses to launch. I've tried repairing the game, un/reinstalling, and nothing has worked. When I hit the orange play button in origin it goes like it's about to launch but after a few seconds goes back to being clickable without actually launching the game.
Message 1 of 21 (25,832 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I fixed mine, I just stopped it from syncing to the cloud and it loaded up properly, hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 3 of 21 (28,592 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, was playing it earlier today, no problem now I click it, it says it launches but only it doesn't. I tried repairing, don't really want to try uninstalling. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 2 of 21 (25,780 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I fixed mine, I just stopped it from syncing to the cloud and it loaded up properly, hope this helps!

Message 3 of 21 (28,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yeah that worked for me, thank you!
Message 4 of 21 (25,767 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you stop the sync to the cloud?

Message 5 of 21 (25,751 Views)

@keicyn01

In Origin, menu top left corner > Origin > Application Settings > INSTALLS & SAVES > Cloud storage > OFF

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 21 (25,744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just ran into this same problem today, only stopping it from synching with the cloud did nothing Frown

Message 7 of 21 (25,388 Views)

@lafableuxdestin

Please create a DxDiag in text file format, also go to your Reliability monitor (Press the windows key and "R" at the same time and copy or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in > ENTER and look if it has ME2 entries.

If yes double click at the last one, copy it to the clipboard, (Bottom left corner) save it to a text file and load it up together with the DxDiag. You can do that with the "choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 8 of 21 (25,383 Views)

★★ Novice

I was running ME2 after reinstalling it.  Origin wouldn't recognize it (ME 1 and ME3 were recognized).  I linked ME2 to Origin via "Non EA Games". and I was running fine. After a couple for freezes during the mission to save Thane Krios ' son, suddenly the Play button in the ME2 window doesn't work.  Button doesn't move. It is as if it is only an image, not an operable button.

Any thoughts?

Message 9 of 21 (25,287 Views)

See if you can launch it through the .exe file or start menu shortcut.  Make sure ME2 has fully stopped running, because I have had a few crashes lately in which a game is still running a process basically as a background one, but shouldn't be.  When it leaves a process running, the only ways I got to fix it was to open task manager and find the process or to restart my entire machine.  Last option would be to input the full code for ME2 into Origin and make it a full Origin game(if that is an options by it being a disk version of the game instead of a digital one).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 21 (25,285 Views)